Ow.

Got out of the truck at Giants. There's an orange rod on the ground, so I pick it up and toss it in the bed. As I'm walking towards the store, I realize it's one of the fiberglass poles they use to mark the borders for winter plowing. Ok, they won't miss one.

Get home, take it out and run my hand down it to wipe the dirt off. Instant regret. It's old and breaking down and I get a handfull of fiberglass shards. Way too small to see even with a magnifier, so tweezers won't work. I try a couple of different kinds of tape. Nope. So now my hand is covered in white wood glue, waiting for it to dry so I can hopefully peel the little beggars out.

Typing with two fingers is weird.

my-thyme

..if momma ain't happy...
Patron
Got out of the truck at Giants. There's an orange rod on the ground, so I pick it up and toss it in the bed. As I'm walking towards the store, I realize it's one of the fiberglass poles they use to mark the borders for winter plowing. Ok, they won't miss one.

Get home, take it out and run my hand down it to wipe the dirt off. Instant regret. It's old and breaking down and I get a handfull of fiberglass shards. Way too small to see even with a magnifier, so tweezers won't work. I try a couple of different kinds of tape. Nope. So now my hand is covered in white wood glue, waiting for it to dry so I can hopefully peel the little beggars out.

Ow. :huggy:

littlelady

God bless the USA

Why did you pick it up? Just wondering.

PeoplesElbow

I had a summer job in a composite factory in my college years, carbon fiber splinters are the worst.

Washing with a pair of panty hose, cold water so your pores didn't open up more, and putting on duct tape and peeling off in the proper direction did a lot of good.

Good Luck

littlelady

God bless the USA
I had a summer job in a composite factory in my college years, carbon fiber splinters are the worst.

Washing with a pair of panty hose, cold water so your pores didn't open up more, and putting on duct tape and peeling off in the proper direction did a lot of good.

Good Luck

Pantyhose! I thought of wr in her recent thread. Thanks for the laugh. :lol:

The glue didn't work. The moisture from the skin lifts the glue off. Duct tape didn't work. Electrical tape didn't work. Couldn't find my rubber cement. Don't have any Gorilla glue. Definitely don't have any pantyhose....

Might try hot wax tomorrow. It may just have to work it's own way out.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Maybe soaking your hands for a long time in warm water and Epsom salts.

You know what? This was my grandfather's remedy for EVERYTHING...and it usually worked. When I was a kid and accidentally ran barefoot through a sticker field, he had me soak my feet in Epsom salts and they came right out.

Dupontster

Would THIS face lie?
Just remember NOT to pleasure yourself until you get em all out.. Might be wrappin Willie up in duct tape.. You're welcome..

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
My ex-husband grew up on a farm and swore by this stuff. Used it many times to remove splinters and for wound care on the animals and himself. Also, it contains sulfur (Ammonium Bituminosulfonate) and stinks like hell. :lol:

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
my grandmother just had a tin full of 'Black Salve' in the medicine cabinet
He had that, too. All I remember was the tin was blue and black, and the stuff inside was thick, sticky, black, and smelled horrible.