Owls

Bay_Kat

Tropical
So, I'm outside on my porch and I hear the strangest sound. My 9 year old says it's an owl and you have to communicate back. So I immitate the sound and it makes the sound again. Before I know it, I'm having a conversation with an owl. It was pretty awesome. I've heard owls before but never like this, it was such a different sound.

I

Inkpen

Bay_Kat said:
So, I'm outside on my porch and I hear the strangest sound. My 9 year old says it's an owl and you have to communicate back. So I immitate the sound and it makes the sound again. Before I know it, I'm having a conversation with an owl. It was pretty awesome. I've heard owls before but never like this, it was such a different sound.

:flowers: :yay: :yay: Awesome!!!!!

river rat

BUCKING GOAT
Bay_Kat said:

I love Owls :huggy:

The sound that they make is so comforting

Rael

Supper's Ready
This one sounded really spooky, maybe because I wasn't expecting it.
Barred Owl - Strix varia - Information, Pictures, Sounds
Lately there has been a couple of barred owls back behind my house in the woods. Their sound I hadn't heard before until I looked it up. Then I saw one and looked it up to verify.

Great bird. Right around dusk it came down toward my bird feeder using the woods as its backdrop. I'm watching it, but can't hear a sound. For a bird so large to not make a sound is incredible. Wing span nearly 4 feet as a guess. The one below I didn't take, just put it there to show you. This one seems browner than the one I saw (more grayish-brown)

Attachments

• barred owl.jpg
    barred owl.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 126