Oyster Tongs

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member
Does any know where I can purchase oyster tongs?

Ridge Marine Sales does not sell them anymore and google was a bust.

R

remaxrealtor

Bird Dog said:
Does any know where I can purchase oyster tongs?

Ridge Marine Sales does not sell them anymore and google was a bust.
There's a seafood store on 235, right before it meets 5, on the left. I can't remember the name, but I'm sure I saw them in there on my last visit.

CMC122

Go Braves!
remaxrealtor said:
There's a seafood store on 235, right before it meets 5, on the left. I can't remember the name, but I'm sure I saw them in there on my last visit.
Kellams:yay::yay:

greyhound

Oyster Tongs 12-19-2006 10:31 PM that's a clam rake not oyster tongs.

I know that....seems oyster tongs are getting hard to find, I thought these might work. They have been recommended by others in Md for oystering(?)

flippy cups

You've got to either have an old-timer make you a pair or travel to Messick Bros. over below Salsibury to get them. Then there's a place in Cambridge you can stop and get the heads put on. Messick Bros. sells the shafts only, and they're expensive, but you'll never need another pair. Messick Bros. is in Bivalve, MD, and you get the number by looking for Messick Bros. Funeral Home. That's their day job.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Bird Dog said:
Thanks all. Kellams does not sell them check them out today.

Looks like I will have to go across the bay.

Did you try that place on 249 in Piney Point? I don't remember the name of it but the sign says "Crustacean Capturing Devices." I'll see if I can find the name of it.

leeland

Oyster tongs for sale

I have oyster tongs that need a good home. Probably 60 to 70 years old, but still in very good condition.
Richmond, VA