Oysters for breakfast

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
My son is a nut. He lives on a nice boat....works on the water part time, crabbing, drives part time for UPS...works for me on the side. Born and raised on this island.

So I glance out the shop door to see his truck in the parking lot and him running across the yard and out the pier...which is 250' long. But I'm helping a customer get a piece of repaired equipment out the door so I have to tend to that and worry about what he's up to later.

He comes running back just as my customer pulls out of the shop driveway. I ask him "wtf are you up to??" He's got his hands full of oysters...dumps them on the picnic table by the cottage and declares "I had a powerful hankering for some oysters for breakfast". LMAO....he knows we have a small oyster bed that we keep at the end of the pier...and went out and fetched him some. Literally..climbed down the ladder and stood on the bottom and picked them up. Shucked most of his clothes to do it. Super low tide....

Shucked 'em all and downed them with hot sauce and he's already rolled on. Said he needs to run back to his boat and put on some dry underwear before he starts his UPS package delivery route.

I'm done. :lmao:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Along the Gulf Coast they do grilled oysters that are some kinda good. Acme Oyster House in New Orleans, but we also had them in Mobile at a charming roadhouse on the river. I could eat those things all day.