P90x...

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
Anyone here tried or done it? Know anybody that has? I can see myself being able to do the exercises, it's following the nutrition guide that would be the toughest. (I'm pretty sure beer is NOT in the nutrition guide.)

Lots of listings on ebay for the dvd set and I have plenty of room in the basement and I'm starting to look like the Sta-Puft marshmallow man.:tryingtotalkmyselfintoit:

kom526

The wife wants to lose the last pounds from the baby and the treadmill alone just isn't doing it right now. I think I'm going to go ahead and pick it up off ebay and start the nutrition guide part of it first then get into the serious stuff. When bob and bg's party rolls around, maybe I'll be all :hot: and stuff.:lmao:

kom526

My DIL does it and hates every minute of it. But apparently it works.

Is she sticking to it? And are the exercises modified (reps/sets?) for women? My wife is going to be hesitant to try it because it's out of norm for her. She'd rather use the treadmill and get miniscule results instead of doing something a little more proactive and getting quicker, more profound results.

Maybe if I hit it and get back to eye/arm candy status she'll follow suit.:crackingmyselfup:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Is she sticking to it? And are the exercises modified (reps/sets?) for women?

She's having a hard time sticking to it because she hates it - says it reminds her of bootcamp PT. You apparently can modify the intensity to whatever level you're comfortable with but she says it's not very inspiring or motivating.

Hook her up with Billy Blanks Boot Camp - that's a fun and strenuous workout. Then get her a pilates video to supplement.

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
Anyone here tried or done it? Know anybody that has? I can see myself being able to do the exercises, it's following the nutrition guide that would be the toughest. (I'm pretty sure beer is NOT in the nutrition guide.)

Lots of listings on ebay for the dvd set and I have plenty of room in the basement and I'm starting to look like the Sta-Puft marshmallow man.:tryingtotalkmyselfintoit:
I like this guy: YouTube - Total Body Sculpt Vol. 2 w/ Gilad

I DVR his shows that come on everyday at 6:30, then do them after my gym time. :yay:

kom526

Ok, I pulled the trigger on the program and after 3 days, I can tell that I made the right decision.:yay: I was at my heaviest in Jan of this year and over the past couple of months I've lost 19 lbs.:cartwheel: thanks to diet and doing an hour of cardio a day. I started the diet portion (not verbatim) and I've completely cut fast food, sodas, junk food etc. and I've replaced them with tons of fruits and veggies.

vrai
-She's having a hard time sticking to it because she hates it - says it reminds her of bootcamp PT. You apparently can modify the intensity to whatever level you're comfortable with but she says it's not very inspiring or motivating.

The bootcamp aspect of it is what gets me going. I've said for a couple of years now that I would do bootcamp over again if it was all PT and food, I enjoyed it. As far as being motivated or inspired, I draw my motivation from my "before" picture with my 19% body fat :barf:.

I know where I want to be in 90 days, I'm pretty sure I won't look like the success stories you see on the infomercial but you can be damned sure I'll be close! Besides, I only have 9 more pounds to lose to get to my target weight and I've only just begun the program.

T

toppick08

Ok, I pulled the trigger on the program and after 3 days, I can tell that I made the right decision.:yay: I was at my heaviest in Jan of this year and over the past couple of months I've lost 19 lbs.:cartwheel: thanks to diet and doing an hour of cardio a day. I started the diet portion (not verbatim) and I've completely cut fast food, sodas, junk food etc. and I've replaced them with tons of fruits and veggies.

vrai

The bootcamp aspect of it is what gets me going. I've said for a couple of years now that I would do bootcamp over again if it was all PT and food, I enjoyed it. As far as being motivated or inspired, I draw my motivation from my "before" picture with my 19% body fat :barf:.

I know where I want to be in 90 days, I'm pretty sure I won't look like the success stories you see on the infomercial but you can be damned sure I'll be close! Besides, I only have 9 more pounds to lose to get to my target weight and I've only just begun the program.

Congrats on your accomplishment...:yay:

It takes a strong constitution to change eating/lifestyle habits and stick to them....:buddies:

justin

I bought the videos sometime ago, but I never really got into them. I will have to break them out and give them another try.

Does anyone who runs use the Nike plus sports pack with their IPOD? If so, we should start a southern maryland challenge....what do you think?

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
Ok, I pulled the trigger on the program and after 3 days, I can tell that I made the right decision.:yay:
I want to start this program sooooo bad! I really don't have the room for workouts at my house - maybe I can watch the television from the deck? :lol:

The biggest challenge for me is eating right. I can drink tons of water and I cut sodas out a long time ago. I love sweets and snacks! Fruits and veggies are delicious, but they're boring. :ohwell:

kom526

I want to start this program sooooo bad! I really don't have the room for workouts at my house - maybe I can watch the television from the deck? :lol:

The biggest challenge for me is eating right. I can drink tons of water and I cut sodas out a long time ago. I love sweets and snacks! Fruits and veggies are delicious, but they're boring. :ohwell:

You really don't need a whole lot of room for the program, but the pull up bar may be a challenge. I'm doing it in my basement gym area, which is about 10x10 with a stair climber and treadmill in the way but I'm adapting. (By the way, I have a Les Nessman WKRP in Cincinnati
basement, imaginary walls with lines on the floor.):lol:

The nutrition guide that comes with the program has a lot of recipes and snack ideas etc. Like I said, I'm sorta following the diet, I'm actually taking in less calories than what they call for for the first 3 weeks but it hasn't been as hard as I thought it would be.

thurley42

HY;FR
I bought the videos sometime ago, but I never really got into them. I will have to break them out and give them another try.

Does anyone who runs use the Nike plus sports pack with their IPOD? If so, we should start a southern maryland challenge....what do you think?

I used to use mine alot when I was training for runs...but I stopped running to prevent any weight loss....maybe sometime this winter i'll get in on that.

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
I'm doing it in my basement gym area, which is about 10x10
I might have enough space now that we got rid of our sectional. If I move the coffee table, it'll definitely work.

I used to go to the gym everyday, then come home and do about 30-40 minutes of cardio with light weights. After 2-3 weeks I could tell the difference and I started toning even more.

workaholic

Save the Tatas!!!
:getdown: I had to buy some new jeans and pants today:getdown: My old stuff is too big:cartwheel:

I have it and I am working on finishing off my gym in the basement to start it. Almost done!

Did you cut out alcohol all together? I have to have a drink on the weekend. LOL. :jameo:

workaholic

Save the Tatas!!!
I might have enough space now that we got rid of our sectional. If I move the coffee table, it'll definitely work.

I used to go to the gym everyday, then come home and do about 30-40 minutes of cardio with light weights. After 2-3 weeks I could tell the difference and I started toning even more.

If your hubby would stay in town we would have the basement done already and have a place. :killingme

kom526

Did you cut out alcohol all together? I have to have a drink on the weekend. LOL. :jameo:

Nah, just a drastic reduction. I was drinking a fair amount of beer per week (6-24) I'm now drinking maybe 1 or 2 a week now. It does taste a whole lot better when you ration yourself.

I missed yesterday's workout so I'm getting ready to hit 90 minutes of yoga this morning. I'm actually looking forward to it.:yay: