P90x...

dn0121

It doesn't have to be totally flavorless. There's some marinades at the store that work pretty well that are low carb/sugar/fat. Look at some of the asian mixes... some are actually low in sodium plus they're low in the carb content. I'm about to jump off most of it and use some Mrs. Dash for the next week or so, then it's totally plain for the last 48 hours... that really is tough.

Thanks I will look into it. I was glad to find the hot sauce was negligible so it makes sense that other things are. I figure you are the expert when it comes to this stuff and its amazing the dedication and self control you must have to eat like that.

workaholic

Save the Tatas!!!
Thanks I will look into it. I was glad to find the hot sauce was negligible so it makes sense that other things are. I figure you are the expert when it comes to this stuff and its amazing the dedication and self control you must have to eat like that.

Yeah I am impressed at his dedication as well. When we were at CIP a few weeks ago he ordered an extremely health salad while the rest of us greased it up. That is one of the hard parts for me is eating right when I am out with people. I will say that the hardest is eating on the go for me. I am always on the go because of work. Somedays I am on the road all day and never even see the office. On those busy crazy days I let myself get so hungry that I feel that I have to eat right then so I end up eating crap food.

warneckutz

Yeah I am impressed at his dedication as well. When we were at CIP a few weeks ago he ordered an extremely health salad while the rest of us greased it up. That is one of the hard parts for me is eating right when I am out with people. I will say that the hardest is eating on the go for me. I am always on the go because of work. Somedays I am on the road all day and never even see the office. On those busy crazy days I let myself get so hungry that I feel that I have to eat right then so I end up eating crap food.

You all obviously missed the 5 margaritas prior to the salad. :killingme

dn0121

"Negative, GhostRider"

What else do you eat? Im still too high on the carbs, low on the protein and calories. My fat content is good though. I know about tuna and chicken, but I need some more things I can eat during the day that is high protein and calories and low carb.

workaholic

Save the Tatas!!!
What else do you eat? Im still too high on the carbs, low on the protein and calories. My fat content is good though. I know about tuna and chicken, but I need some more things I can eat during the day that is high protein and calories and low carb.

I do a couple protien shakes and a protien bar or two a day.

warneckutz

Egg Whites (sometimes throw in a yolk if I haven't destroyed the fat intake for the day)
Tofu (it's blah, but it helps out)
Lean Turkey

I will have a protein shake or two, but I keep them to a minimum when possible.

dn0121

Egg whites and lean turkey I have had but not the tofu. Do you mix that in with something?

Last nights omlette with the yogurt helped a lot. I'll have to read up on tofu. I wish I liked canned tuna fish. I do like ahi tuna, so I will see if I can find some of that.

And glad to read that about the shakes. I try to do only 1 a day unless im really in need of another. I did pick up some Clif Builder's yesterday and they are actually tasty but of course high in carbs.

Last edited:

warneckutz

Egg whites and lean turkey I have had but not the tofu. Do you mix that in with something?

Last nights omlette with the yogurt helped a lot. I'll have to read up on tofu. I wish I liked canned tuna fish. I do like ahi tuna, so I will see if I can find some of that.

Just throw the tofu in with anything your cooking. It (kinda) takes on the flavor... I'm to the point that I eat the same meal about 5-6 times a day (boiled chicken and veggies)

dn0121

Wirelessly posted (Baconator 9000: Opera/9.60 (J2ME/MIDP; Opera Mini/4.2.13918/432; U; en) Presto/2.2.0)

I had some tofu and chicken tonight and it was good. A bit of hot sauce and a dash of spice and couldn't really tell it wasn't food.

dn0121

Wirelessly posted (Baconator 9000: Opera/9.60 (J2ME/MIDP; Opera Mini/4.2.13918/432; U; en) Presto/2.2.0)

Last workout before recovery week then onto phase 2. I'm sick of yoga though so I may just alternate plyo and kempo next week.

warneckutz

I had some tofu and chicken tonight and it was good. A bit of hot sauce and a dash of spice and couldn't really tell it wasn't food.

I'm enjoying my final week of boiled chicken WITH spices... the last 48 hours are boiled chicken with no seasoning or sodium of any kind