P90x...

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
Anyone still going at it?

I just jumped back on last night. Can't wait for tonight.

I lost it during vacation this summer and haven't gotten back yet. I've been eating dirty and some of the weight has come back but I haven't lost much of the tone that I gained. My basement project should be done by the end of the month so I can get my gym back. In the meantime I've started playing soccer and that has helped a lot for activity. (I'm one of the oldest guys on my team and I have to keep up with a bunch of 20 somethings.)

workaholic

Save the Tatas!!!
Back at it! I dropped 17 lbs the last time and didn't follow the nutrition plan. My 17 Lbs is still off and this time I am going to try to follow the nutrition plan. I am doing an extra aggressive routine with P90x in the morning and Treadmill 3 times a week in the evening. I have a couple runs I am going to do this year started with the Hospice 5k. Anyone want to join in?

muttdog

Back at it! I dropped 17 lbs the last time and didn't follow the nutrition plan. My 17 Lbs is still off and this time I am going to try to follow the nutrition plan. I am doing an extra aggressive routine with P90x in the morning and Treadmill 3 times a week in the evening. I have a couple runs I am going to do this year started with the Hospice 5k. Anyone want to join in?

I went from 250 down to 215 last time we did it. I didnt follow the nutrition guide, but I did switch to alot more fruit and veggies, and 100 caloire packs, plus watching the carb intake. Once we finish in the basement we are gonna start back up, im shooting for 190 to 200 and a few more inches off my waist. We did the p90x lean program last time, but we did an extra kempo in place of yoga.

OoberBoober

Awwwwooooooooo

I started it up again this last monday. I am doing the nutrition plan pretty hard core, not following the recipes but I am following their portions/serving/fitness level pretty extensivly. I droped 200$ on my grocery bill last week and have been throwing out junk food and excessive carbs. I also have off and on using my cardio training instead of theirs, I feel like I know how to sweat better than their dvds.

OoberBoober

Awwwwooooooooo
Use hand weights when doing the kempo.

I don't really think the cardio isn't that extreme. Its just that it takes an hour/hour and a half to do what I could achieve jogging in 30 minutes. Sure it works muscles, but if you want cardio there are some much more efficient excersizes. The one exception to this is Plyo.

libertytyranny

Dream Stealer
1 hour of P90x Plyo = 882 Calories burned. Who says that is not extreme?

I haven't gotten the cojones to do plyo yet. The yoga whipped my ass..I don't even wanna think about it. Plus, I was desperately trying to do an unassisted pull-up monday and I think I blacked out...needless to say..I need some time b4 I attempt that.:killingme

workaholic

Save the Tatas!!!
Resistance was set at 15 (whatever that equates to)

I believe it was between 6-11mph?? Closer to 6 for me, it's been awhile since I've done more than 20 mins. :lol:

I would bet to say that this is something the average person would not attempt to do. :lol:

And no you are not average!

warneckutz

I would bet to say that this is something the average person would not attempt to do. :lol:

And no you are not average!

Chalk it up to boredom :buddies:

I gotta get back into that cardio frame of mind, ugh...

30 mins at the crack of dawn and 30 mins after weight training in the evening... :otter:

workaholic

Save the Tatas!!!
Chalk it up to boredom :buddies:

I gotta get back into that cardio frame of mind, ugh...

30 mins at the crack of dawn and 30 mins after weight training in the evening... :otter:

I have been doing P90x in the morning. Last about an hour for each workout. Then M, W, F I run 3-4 miles on the treadmill in the evening.

OoberBoober

Awwwwooooooooo
1 hour on the elliptical = 1,050 calories

This is what I mean when I say P90X cardio isn't really that efficient at all. An hour of excersize should produce much more sweat. The regular kempo is pretty weak as a cardio work out, the kempo+ is better but still not nearly as efficient as a good run.

Anyways I'm half way through week 2, and down 2% body fat (13% to 11%) and up 2 lbs. :yahoo: