PA to MD moving HELP

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Trip went okay! We decided we really like owings and the surrounding area so that is where we are currently focusing our search!
The only issue right now is I may be working on the other side of the bridge so we are trying to figure out what will be best for us. Most likely I would have to cross during rush hour whereas he would not.
thank you all again for the input and help
That's great! But... why would you work on the other side?

littlelady

God bless the USA
Trip went okay! We decided we really like owings and the surrounding area so that is where we are currently focusing our search!
The only issue right now is I may be working on the other side of the bridge so we are trying to figure out what will be best for us. Most likely I would have to cross during rush hour whereas he would not.
thank you all again for the input and help

Just to let you know, there is an alternate route when the T Johnson bridge is snarled. You could go by way of Benedict bridge, but it will be a longer commute. Good luck on your decision. And no matter where you choose to live, I think you will enjoy Southern MD. We lived in Calvert for 20 years, and loved it very much. We moved for family reasons in 2016. Happy moving. :)

PS. If there is a back up on Johnson bridge, it will take less time to go over Benedict bridge.

Last edited:

Grumpy

The only issue right now is I may be working on the other side of the bridge so we are trying to figure out what will be best for us.

I live in Calvert, a little south of Owings, and very seldom take the Solomons bridge to get to work at Pax. I take 231 over to rte 5/235..little bit longer but I don't hit the traffic until the 235/4 intersection. When I used to take the Solomons bridge, mornings were usually okay but the evening rush hour was horrible and 3 days out of 5, it would take me longer to go the Solomons route rather then the 235-5-231 route. Less aggravation going the long way.

BernieP

Resident PIA
Quick, turn around, go back
Then again liquor stores were still open here even though they were closed in PA.