PacMan Jones...

BuddyLee

Football addict
...suspended by the NFL indefinitely by the NFL.

4 games I think they're saying.

Can it get any worse for the Boys?

Romo - out
Felix Jones - out
Punter - out
Pacman - out

BuddyLee

Football addict
My bad.

It is at least four games, maybe more.

Pacman suspended at least 4 games for violating conduct policy

ESPN.com

Cowboys cornerback Adam "Pacman" Jones has been suspended for at least the next four games of Dallas' season for his most recent violation of the league's personal conduct policy., the NFL announced Tuesday.

In announcing his decision, NFL commissioner Roger Goodell said Jones' "disturbing pattern of behavior was clearly inconsistent with the conditions I set for your continued participation in the NFL."

Jones was notified by Goodell that he is suspended indefinitely without pay as a result of his most recent violation of the league's personal conduct policy.

Goodell will determine the final length of Jones' suspension following the Cowboys' Week 11 game against Washington on Nov. 16, the league said.

The decision on whether Jones can return to play will be based on his strict compliance with his NFL and Cowboys treatment plans as well as on evaluations of Jones' progress that will be provided to Goodell by clinical experts retained by the NFL.<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

ESPN - Pacman suspended at least 4 games for violating conduct policy - NFL

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
I started a thread on this - concerning "PacMan Jones - A Distraction?" a few days back.

It looks like NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell feels that he is, indeed, a distraction; that he hasn't, or cannot live up to the terms he gave to Jones, upon his return to an active NFL roster.

It's somewhat unbelievable that Jones could not, or would not realise what the NFL Commish was telling him!

And, to whit, Jerry Jones - the Cowboys owner, had assigned 4 bodyguards to keep this dickweed in check; both to others, and himself. Forgive me, but I think Jerry Jones is an azz - for even signing this tool - on his Cowboys roster. Did he actually believe that PacMan Jones would keep up his part of the bargain??

Is PacMan Jones worth the risk?

BuddyLee

Football addict
Is PacMan Jones worth the risk?
If you had the Cowboys secondary you'd sign almost anyone too.

It doesn't matter that he's had past problems either. That's been Dallas' cornerstone for a number of years now as most NFL fans know.

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
If you had the Cowboys secondary you'd sign almost anyone too.

It doesn't matter that he's had past problems either. That's been Dallas' cornerstone for a number of years now as most NFL fans know.

Please enlighten me: Who was the last player, that the Cowboys, ie., Jerry Jones, felt that they needed to assign 4 body guards - to keep a player of theirs, in line? A player who they could not count upon, in order to rein his emotions in, so he wouldn't embarass the team's image?

You're a smart guy, so let us in on this secret, Ok? :killingme

BuddyLee

Football addict
Please enlighten me: Who was the last player, that the Cowboys, ie., Jerry Jones, felt that they needed to assign 4 body guards - to keep a player of theirs, in line? A player who they could not count upon, in order to rein his emotions in, so he wouldn't embarass the team's image?

You're a smart guy, so let us in on this secret, Ok? :killingme
This is the first I've heard of the 4 body guards. I've only heard of one body guard but it wouldn't surprise me.

I think Dallas smartly assigned this body guard or guards to this specific player because he clearly had a past...a past he certainly cannot shake.

I'm uncertain as to whether this has been done in the past but you and I know that Dallas has a history of bringing in the thug-life player.

Last edited:

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
This is the first I've heard of the 4 body guards. I've only heard of one body guard but it wouldn't surprise me.

I think Dallas smartly assigned this body guard or guards to this specific player because he clearly had a past...a past he certainly cannot shake.

I'm uncertain as to whether this has been done in the past but you and I know that Dallas has a history of bringing in the thug-life player.

From the link, in your second post:

The player and his bodyguard, part of a security detail provided by the Cowboys to be with him at all times, said everything was OK. Police said both were driven from the hotel by an acquaintance, and the bodyguard did not want to press charges. No arrests were made.

The article does not state the number of bodyguards assigned to P. Jones, but notice the "security detail is to be with him at all times", paraphrasing, and ESPN was the source that I happened to hear - saying there were 4 body guards assigned, providing 24/7 services.

This morning, ESPN asked Jerry Jones if the body guard who was involved in a scuffle with P. Jones had been fired. J. Jones said ALL of the body guards had been released - for at least 4 weeks! :lmao: