Paid Surveys Online

renegadeslave

Obsidian Salamander
Okay, I know I'm not the only one but I hope a couple of you will also be cruising through this forum. And maybe I already missed a message about it, but anyway.... I signed up for the www.paidsurveysonline.com that had an ad in the employment section. They claimed that I could make all this money just by filling out surveys, but I would have to pay them. What the neglected to mention was that all I was getting for my $34.95 was a list- a list I could have gotten free somewhere else! On top of that, I had to go to each website on the list, see if it applied to me, then fill out applications for each one! Then, the company MAY contact me if they have a survey that fits my demographic. Now the I can't even get to the website I paid the money for.

I was hoping to find someone else who got stuck in this scam to let me know what they are doing about it. I reported it to Admin, sent an e-mail to the person who posted the ad (who's reply was, pretty much, "I'm just a lowly puppet."), and I'm trying to get my money back from Clickbank. Has anyone had any success in getting their money redeemed? Or perhaps, another way I can get to the list so my money wasn't completely wasted?

TWL

Kernel panic: Aiee.......
I'd contact the Better Business Bureau.
The BBB can handle the following complaints involving marketplace activities:

Misleading Advertising.
Improper Selling Practices.
Non-delivery of Goods or Services.
Misrepresentation.
Unhonored Guarantees or Warranty.
Unsatisfactory Service.
Credit/billing Problems.
Unfulfilled Contracts.

For future reference, if it's too good to be true, it probably is. I don't trust anything like that, especially if you have to fork over some $$$.
If you paid by Credit Card, there may be a phone number on your statement next to that charge. Call the number and raise he!!. If they give you crap, tell them you will contact the BBB and recite the quote above. I believe all listed in the quote apply to you.
If that fails get the media involved:
7 On Your Side

Last edited:

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
:cool: Don't think I'm celebrating your financial loss, but you got away cheap in learning a lesson.
I do not know how old you are, but rest assured: there ain't no such thing as a free lunch; never has been, never will be.

Be glad in one respect, that you did not get dinged for more cash.

The next time you see a scheme like this one, you'll be a tad wiser!

K

Kizzy

:yeahthat: Penn & TWL have you on the right track, and next time, you'll know better.

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
RSlave, call your credit card company today and dispute the charges. Don't wait until your statement comes. If you paid by echeck then you are probably screwed.

renegadeslave

Obsidian Salamander
Okay...

No, I'm not stupid. The whole reason I was posting this message here was because I DIDN'T get it as junk mail.... it was an advertisement listed in SOMD.com's employment section. I noticed it had gotten 56 replies and I had wondered if what happened, only happened to me. For those of you that did give advice, thank you very much.

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
RS, no one is suggesting you've got a sub-par intelligence; greedy, maybe out to make a quick buck, looked at a gift horse in the mouth - yeah, those are possible.

Just because the ad appeared in SOMD.coms' employment section, that dosen't mean it's got a "gold seal of approval" on it.

In other words, you are the one who has to make the choice whether to opt in on it, or not.

As I said earlier, you'll be a tad wiser now, won'tcha?

PS: In the future, don't forget to "read the fine print".