Pain Management Places

OldHillcrestGuy

Anyone know of any Pain Management places in SoMd. other then Advance Pain in Old Line center. Im having to find a new place because they did something crappy as far as insurance goes. They either merged or started a new company called American Spine Center. My insurance always covered them, but now when they bill, the visit they bill under Advance Pain, any shots go to American Spine and they are out of my network, and they charge alot like $1,800. They made the change but didnot tell their patients. IF they are in the network as they were when they billed with Advance the agreed upon prices for the service of the shots were like $800-$900, and my insurance paid around $400. Sounds like they want to be out of network so they can get many more $$$. My insurance did pay $1,400 of the $1,800, but they sent me letter saying I need there approval to have anymore visit with them. What they have finally diagnosed is Piriformis Syndrome, its where the piriformis muscle rubs up against the sciatica nerve causing pain down the left leg. This has been going on for 2 years now annnd with very little relief.

Calvert Hospital used to have a Pain Management center. Went there a few times for epidurals for back pain. That was probably 15 years ago.

mrweb

Iron City
Anyone know of any Pain Management places in SoMd. other then Advance Pain in Old Line center. Im having to find a new place because they did something crappy as far as insurance goes. They either merged or started a new company called American Spine Center. My insurance always covered them, but now when they bill, the visit they bill under Advance Pain, any shots go to American Spine and they are out of my network, and they charge alot like $1,800. They made the change but didnot tell their patients. IF they are in the network as they were when they billed with Advance the agreed upon prices for the service of the shots were like $800-$900, and my insurance paid around $400. Sounds like they want to be out of network so they can get many more $$$. My insurance did pay $1,400 of the $1,800, but they sent me letter saying I need there approval to have anymore visit with them. What they have finally diagnosed is Piriformis Syndrome, its where the piriformis muscle rubs up against the sciatica nerve causing pain down the left leg. This has been going on for 2 years now annnd with very little relief.

I have suffered from sciatica from two bad disks since 1982 and have dealing with it. Last year I developed bursitis in my hip, very painful. After too many doctor visits and pain meds, I went to the New Bridge Spine Center in Prince Fredrick for pain management (www.newbridgespine.com) for treatment without medication. My hip is now 95% pain free after a cortisone treatment. It was a tad uncomfortable (about as uncomfortable as getting your teeth cleaned) but in the end, it worked well. I have BCBS insurance and did not need a referral, but you may have to have one depending on your coverage. Worth a try...I understand the pain. Best wishes....

OldHillcrestGuy

I believe that Dr Tham comes down to CMH a couple times a week.
I think the office is open every day.

Are they in the new building over near the ER at Calvert that replaced the old building, is it the same one Calvert Physical Therapy is in. Ive been going to them (Calvert Physical Therapy) twice a week for the past month, Im thinking Im walking right past there office room 101, to get to room 103. Ill check them out on Friday when I have my next appt. From looking at their webpage looks like a good place to go to.

I also have sent Newbridge Pain a email today, havent heard from them yet.

FireBrand

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Are they in the new building over near the ER at Calvert that replaced the old building, is it the same one Calvert Physical Therapy is in. Ive been going to them (Calvert Physical Therapy) twice a week for the past month, Im thinking Im walking right past there office room 101, to get to room 103. Ill check them out on Friday when I have my next appt. From looking at their webpage looks like a good place to go to.

I also have sent Newbridge Pain a email today, havent heard from them yet.
Used to be in the main hospital bldg. You may want to call and see if they have moved over there.

Last edited:

OldHillcrestGuy

I believe that Dr Tham comes down to CMH a couple times a week.
I think the office is open every day.

Nope, he comes the first and last Friday of the month. Made appt. for April 6th, but when Im finished with my therapy on Friday right down the hallway and pickup my new patient pack it, Im going to ask if I can get in sooner to see him if I go to Annapolis office.

mmesser0

C-A-P-S CAPS CAPS CAPS!
Nope, he comes the first and last Friday of the month. Made appt. for April 6th, but when Im finished with my therapy on Friday right down the hallway and pickup my new patient pack it, Im going to ask if I can get in sooner to see him if I go to Annapolis office.

My husband has been going to him for months now. The staff in Calvert are very nice. I recommend him. Good luck to you!

OldHillcrestGuy

My husband has been going to him for months now. The staff in Calvert are very nice. I recommend him. Good luck to you!

I changed my appt. to another doctor in the practice, didnt want to wait till Apr. 6th. Im going on a cruise starting April 22nd, didnt think an appt April 6th would give a doctor time to do a miracle and make the pain go away. lol

Im going to see a Dr. Medic in the practice this Tuesday, think the doc is female and kind of new in the practice. Ive been told they all are good there, so Ill see.