Palm Treo

ocean733

I don't know what I did, but now my text messages are in all capital letters. Does anyone know WTF I did/how to fix it? :howdy:

jwwb2000

pretty black roses
Wirelessly posted (PalmCentro/v0001 Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows 98; PalmSource/Palm-D061; Blazer/4.5) 16;320x320 UP.Link/6.3.0.0.0)

do you have a key with a magnifying glass on it along with an up arrow

ocean733

Wirelessly posted (PalmCentro/v0001 Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows 98; PalmSource/Palm-D061; Blazer/4.5) 16;320x320 UP.Link/6.3.0.0.0)

do you have a key with a magnifying glass on it along with an up arrow

No. I have an up arrow

Who fixed it?

She sent me an email that night and I answered her back on the CrackBerry - I was being a smart-ass and said "Press the shift button again..." I am not a Treo user and was taking a guess.

She e-mailed me back and was like "OMG!!! Thank You!!! That did it!!!"

Ocean is my favorite blonde, God do I :love: her! :lol:

theArtistFormerlyKnownAs

She sent me an email that night and I answered her back on the CrackBerry - I was being a smart-ass and said "Press the shift button again..." I am not a Treo user and was taking a guess.

She e-mailed me back and was like "OMG!!! Thank You!!! That did it!!!"

Ocean is my favorite blonde, God do I :love: her! :lol:

Blondes: They're what keep the IT help/tech people in business. :killingme

ocean733

Blondes: They're what keep the IT help/tech people in business. :killingme

:smack:
Nope. It didn't work. I had a blonde moment and never got a chance to tell C. And, I also felt stupid for thinking it worked, so I didn't ask again. :roflmao:

So, does anyone have any more suggestions? :popcorn:

Last edited:

onebdzee

off the shelf
You are welcome, Miss "I Need To Hit The Shift Key Again" ... :killingme

The guy I contract for text me in all caps all the time....I always tell him to quit yelling at me :lmao:

:smack:
Nope. It didn't work. I had a blonde moment and never got a chance to tell C. And, I also felt stupid for thinking it worked, so I didn't ask again. :roflmao:

So, does anyone have anymore suggestions? :popcorn:

http://www.palm.com/us/support/handbooks/treo/treo600gsm_UG.pdf

YW....you're one of my favorite blondes, too :huggy:

Try these my dear...

• Try double tapping the Shift Key... If there is arrow with a line under it next to the soft-keyboard button, that means CAPS LOCK is on....
  • Open the onscreen keyboard and set it on caps lock there...
  • If all else fails, do a soft reset (reset button on the back)...

Page 87 of this PDF (under getting help) shows how to access the reset button. :huggy:

Last edited:

onebdzee

off the shelf
Try these my dear...

• Try double tapping the Shift Key... If there is arrow with a line under it next to the soft-keyboard button, that means CAPS LOCK is on....

Page 87 of this PDF (under getting help) shows how to access the reset button. :huggy:

DO NOT DO A HARD RESET!!....You will lose EVERYTHING....I repeat EVERYTHING

and yes....I have had to do this twice with my great :sarcasm: Motorola Q9c

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8330/4.5.0.77 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

onebdzee said:
Try these my dear...

DO NOT DO A HARD RESET!!....You will lose EVERYTHING....I repeat EVERYTHING

and yes....I have had to do this twice with my great :sarcasm: Motorola Q9c

A soft reset is just pushing the button when it is powered on, not a biggie :shrug:

A. Hard reset, usually holding IN on the button while you power it on WILL cause you to lose everything... :yay:

But if you have a memory card you are OK, assuming you are saving you multimedia there... As far as mail, it should be on the server... A hard reset is a last resort.