Paranormal State

N

nitwhit3286

airs monday nights at 10pm... I watched it for the first time last night and it was great! Ryan Buell founded the Paranormal Research Group back in 2001 at Penn State. He and his team travel to places of interest in search of paranormal activity. It was definitely cool and I have become a fan overnight!

N

nitwhit3286

ive been watching it and some of the bits seemed really staged to me.

yeah some... but dag on.. I mean they pulled up a pretty fresh dead dog last night.. and I was like... eekkk! Looked pretty damn real to me!

hvp05

Methodically disorganized
It was pretty good but it's no Ghosthunters!!
:yeahthat: I think this show (Par. State) is okay, but they seem a little more predisposed to believing something is "paranormal" than their Ghost Hunter counterparts. I really like the way the Hunters exhaust the rational explanations first and then move beyond that if an incident is not resolvable.

The Hunters have come up with some genuinely :confused: and :yikes: moments... and I am a very scientifically-oriented, skeptical person.

The episodes they shot in the U.K. last year were some of their best investigations yet, so I definitely look forward to the new stuff.

As for State, I'll continue watching them also... :yay:

rich70

STEELERS NATION!!
:yeahthat: I think this show (Par. State) is okay, but they seem a little more predisposed to believing something is "paranormal" than their Ghost Hunter counterparts. I really like the way the Hunters exhaust the rational explanations first and then move beyond that if an incident is not resolvable.

The Hunters have come up with some genuinely :confused: and :yikes: moments... and I am a very scientifically-oriented, skeptical person.

The episodes they shot in the U.K. last year were some of their best investigations yet, so I definitely look forward to the new stuff.

The Stanley Hotel Live was on of my favs when they were in the tunnels and herd the voice that was creepy.

K

Kain99

I've been watching this. Really neat concept and a lot of fun!

N

nitwhit3286

The Stanley Hotel Live was on of my favs when they were in the tunnels and herd the voice that was creepy.

ghost hunters had a marathon yesterday counting down to ghost hunters international..... pretty sweet! Loved the first trip to the lighthouse in St. Augustine....awesomeness! And last night I don't know why they didn't pick up more at st. mary's cross....that place is definitely believed to be wicked haunted. eh...it was still a good show... I miss jason and grant on there though. :( and the girls are a bunch of screamers.......thats kind of annoying. but all in all it was good..... really good.

hvp05

Okay, I've changed my mind. I have watched the past two weeks' episodes and have been drawn in only to be disappointed.

Last week they went to the pub/restaurant that was supposedly haunted. They had some intriguing occurrences with glasses moving and breaking, but instead of catching this on video, they set the glasses in powder and, after finding slide marks, inferred the glasses had moved via paranormal force. Then they mentioned that they would review the video and audio they did record... but we never see the results from that.

This week, same thing. They investigated some demonic type of presence and at one point saw a motion-detecting camera firing off rapidly. They searched the house and... that was it. Did they catch anything in the photos?

The Ghost Hunters investigate to disprove claims and, if there is something legitimate, they show evidence for it. PRS doesn't. I wonder why they even bother setting up cameras and recording EVPs if they're not going to put the results out for all to see.

Disappointing methodology, and I doubt I'll watch again.

rich70

STEELERS NATION!!
Thats why I like Ghosthunters, because they go in to an investagation trying to dissprove it. But the international one just isn't the same without Jason and Grant. When does the new season start for the regular Ghosthunters show?

hvp05

But the international one just isn't the same without Jason and Grant.
Their oddly opposed but similar personalities do form an entertaining chemistry. :lol:

When does the new season start for the regular Ghosthunters show?
GHI will run for [approximately] eight more episodes, at which time GH will begin their run. So mid-March, give or take.

godsbutterfly

Free to Fly
Okay, I've changed my mind. I have watched the past two weeks' episodes and have been drawn in only to be disappointed.

Last week they went to the pub/restaurant that was supposedly haunted. They had some intriguing occurrences with glasses moving and breaking, but instead of catching this on video, they set the glasses in powder and, after finding slide marks, inferred the glasses had moved via paranormal force. Then they mentioned that they would review the video and audio they did record... but we never see the results from that.

This week, same thing. They investigated some demonic type of presence and at one point saw a motion-detecting camera firing off rapidly. They searched the house and... that was it. Did they catch anything in the photos?

The Ghost Hunters investigate to disprove claims and, if there is something legitimate, they show evidence for it. PRS doesn't. I wonder why they even bother setting up cameras and recording EVPs if they're not going to put the results out for all to see.

Disappointing methodology, and I doubt I'll watch again.

Maybe they want to avoid seeming too much like Ghosthunters? I much prefer Ghosthunters to Paranormal State and I haven't seen an episode of PRS that hasn't had abnormal activity yet. Of course I haven't seen them all either. I really like the GhostHunters team although Brian gets a little bit easily spooked sometimes. Haven't seen the International version yet.

hvp05

Maybe they want to avoid seeming too much like Ghosthunters?
I can understand that. And they could achieve that by involving different personalities and running the investigations in their own way. But, like I said, when a [skeptical] viewer, like myself, is watching I want to see something concrete to verify what is and is not happening there - not just personal experiences. They do record video and audio, but almost never show the analysis of it, which is just silly.

I really like the GhostHunters team although Brian gets a little bit easily spooked sometimes. Haven't seen the International version yet.
Robb, the GHI team leader, is not quite as stubborn to admit a place is haunted as Jason is, and the team overall still seems to be lacking some chemistry... but their cases have been cool. This past week's were good. I have always wanted to travel Europe, so that aspect is neat too. :lol:

getbent

Thats how them b*tch's R
I love Ghosthunters as well. I agree that I think I'd like to see Jason and Grant on the International show. They crack me up sometimes. It does irk me how sometimes they don't have the camera set up on things that you feel it should be recording. Like the time they went to a prison (can't remember which one) and they left the ball to see if it would be moved. They came back and it did move but why not record it? Anyway, still a big fan and I record every episode on my DVR. Can't wait til new season.