Paratus .308 Clandestine Breakdown Special Ops Rif

E

EmptyTimCup

Blaze Exclusive: Check Out the Paratus .308 Clandestine Breakdown Special Ops Rifle — Available to Civilians, Too

It’s called the Paratus 16, and it is one of the most exciting new rifle designs we’ve seen in a long time.

Designed from the bottom up and built by DRD Tactical Arms, the Paratus was conceptualized from the start as a multi-purpose rifle specifically for Spec Ops/Covert Ops missions. It can also suit many diplomatic or executive security, military, air crews, law enforcement– and of course– home defense uses.

What DRD Tactical has come up with is a high-tech clandestine ops rifle that fits right in your backpack.

While it derives some of its basic concepts from the AR-15 family, the Paratus goes much further with an innovative new breakdown design. As DRD Tactical told the Blaze:

“We developed [Paratus 16] in 7.62NATO/.308 caliber, and the AR platform, being so popular, led us to stay with a direct gas operated system. There are 2 utility patent applications filed, one on the internal recoil system and the other on the quick take down barrel design. The internal recoil system eliminates the buffer tube, spring and buffer from a traditional AR15 design, hence allowing it to have a folding stock.”

ms2009

very nice

I have tried similar designs from various companies. Since this size will be my next purchase, I have been waiting for it to become available. Since it is a .308, the kick is unique on the models I have fired. You do have to lean into the shot, which I like. It’s a more aggressive stance, which helps in certain situations. It will be loud, and it packs a big punch for the target. This is a compact, large caliber standoff weapon. Although I have not the opportunity to fire this model, yet, I will in a few months. I am looking forward to it.

nutz

For the price, I really don't see the point. Besides, the frickin' idiots in baggage handling will just lose it! :popcorn: