Parking on narrow shoulders for recreation okay?

glhs837

Power with Control
So, it's sort a regular thing now that there is always a van or truck parked on the narrow shoulders near SMCM. Makes a bit of a pain when cyclists are going past. Is it legal to park like that for hours on end? Right here is where it's the worst.

DEEKAYPEE8569

So, it's sort a regular thing now that there is always a van or truck parked on the narrow shoulders near SMCM. Makes a bit of a pain when cyclists are going past. Is it legal to park like that for hours on end? Right here is where it's the worst.

I wouldn't think it's legal to park on the narrow shoulders; if, in fact they are roadside shoulders and not bike/pedestrian lanes. I haven't been by SMCM lately, but those narrow lanes are usually designated for pedestrians or bicycles.

BernieP

Resident PIA
I would say, LEGAL, if it wasn't there would be easy money the government is leaving on the table (and it would likely be posted as NO PARKING, STANDING or STOPPING

nutz

legal.....the vehicle is not extending over the white line