Parks with no trash cans

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
You think the parks are dirty now. Just wait until the NPS' diversity program kicks in to high gear. To get a preview just visit any place where Virginian and Maryland Hispanics gather. Go early Monday morning. That is the future.

Don't get me started on the unique cultural habit of tossing dirty toilet paper into a trash can instead of flushing it like they do in first world nations.
No offense, but why do Mexicans and others litter?
I was in Mexico and saw such a beautiful view. Everything was clean. But then there was a little village and everyone was littering out their windows. It looked like a dumpster in that particular spot. When there's pretty nature all over, why throw stuff out of the window and not in the trashcan?

Actually your right! Mexicans have totally destroyed our Mississippi river front here near Memphis. Trash everywhere!!! They poop in the parks as well.
answers

stgislander

PREMO Member
At the Piney Point landing...

1. there were no trash cans. Visitors left piles of trash, including dirty diapers. We'd clean it up.

2. We put some trash cans there. As soon as those were full, visitors left piles of trash, including dirty diapers. We'd clean it up...and haul the trash cans.

3. The county finally place trash cans there. As soon as those were full, visitors left piles of trash, including dirty diapers. The county would send a cew to clean it up...eventually.

4. The county installed a couple dumpsters. As soon as those were full, visitors left piles of trash, including dirty diapers. The county would send a cew to clean it up...eventually.

5. The county now has about 4-5 dumpsters there. JFC! But at least they finally seem to be holding their own most weekends.

People are scum.
A lot of locals use those dumpsters because they are too lazy to drive up to Valley Lee.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
You think the parks are dirty now. Just wait until the NPS' diversity program kicks in to high gear. To get a preview just visit any place where Virginian and Maryland Hispanics gather. Go early Monday morning. That is the future.

Don't get me started on the unique cultural habit of tossing dirty toilet paper into a trash can instead of flushing it like they do in first world nations.

answers
Shew. Come spend some time with me in some cities in Egypt. I swear they recycle - pick through - all the trash at least three times by the time it ends up completely abandoned in piles on the side of the roads. In the poorer neighborhoods (most of them), the piles are so high that people shoverl out parking places for their little beater Trabants...but it's otherwise barely one lane wide through the mountains of trash and garbage.

dan0623_2000

Calvert Cliffs just caught up on the trend.
Most National Parks I believe started this policy years ago.
They can't keep on top of the trash as fast as the bears and other critters can get to it.
People bitch about the fees to get in, bitch about taxes, and parks are low down on the budget priority scale

So this is how the have to handle it.
We were always taught to leave a site better than when we came in.
Calvert Cliffs park has been trash free for over 15 years.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Yep. Of course they are.

Hell..one or two even use our dumpster. I find the darndest stuff in it sometimes. Lots of lamp stuff...old furniture... ;-p
I remember a business in Hollywood that used to go through their dumpster and bring the trash back to the dumper offenders. :lol:

dan0623_2000

Well, it's been designated as a 'trash free park', but it's far from trash free.
[/QUOTE
There are employees and volunteers there everyday to help keep the park clean and enjoyable for the guests. If you see trash laying around please report it to the gate attendants or leave a note at the gatehouse. If you see someone leaving trash take their tag number and report it to one of the staff.