Part of the solution

Wait4It..boom

I called Days End Farm and with the recent horse seizure, they have 92 horses. I am going to be part of the resolution. Their website has a wish list but they said their No. 1 item needed is the heavy duty 20 gallon muck bucket. They take old and new! They are $5-6 at Lowes/WalMart. Do you have any you can donate?

I can arrange a couple of pickup times and/or areas and will deliver Memorial Weekend. Other items they need (in any quantity- new or opened!) are the following:
-feed (including rice bran and beet pulp)
-fly masks and spray
-sunscreen
-vet wrap
-guaze pads
-antibiotic ointment
-fungicides (the new horses are riddled with lice and rainrot)

PLEASE PASS THE WORD! All off us should at least be able to donate open bottles/containers and buy new to replace.

CountryLady

luvmyponies
I called Days End Farm and with the recent horse seizure, they have 92 horses. I am going to be part of the resolution. Their website has a wish list but they said their No. 1 item needed is the heavy duty 20 gallon muck bucket. They take old and new! They are $5-6 at Lowes/WalMart. Do you have any you can donate?

I can arrange a couple of pickup times and/or areas and will deliver Memorial Weekend. Other items they need (in any quantity- new or opened!) are the following:
-feed (including rice bran and beet pulp)
-fly masks and spray
-sunscreen
-vet wrap
-guaze pads
-antibiotic ointment
-fungicides (the new horses are riddled with lice and rainrot)

PLEASE PASS THE WORD! All off us should at least be able to donate open bottles/containers and buy new to replace.

I will be making a trip up to Days End Farm either tomorrow 05/27/10 and/or Tuesday 06/01/10 next week. If anyone has items to send please let me know. I can make several pick ups from southern St. Mary's on up north.

I think they were also wanting wormers and antibiotics. I thought I read some where that they would take recently out of date ones as well, so check your local tack shops, etc... to see if they have items they are willing to donate.

Wait4It..boom

Yes, they do need wormers. It was on my list when I spoke with them but looks like it got left off when I posted (couldn't see well from my phone keypad). Thanks for updating Country Lady. Glad to see someone else is going up too! I am currently planned to go up to Days End on Monday (Memorial Day). I will be in Mechanicsville and Charlotte Hall areas Friday mid-day. I will be in Lexington Park Saturday evening and/or mid-day. And I live in Calvert. As I said, I will pick up to save you time. Thank you very much to those that have already responded!

CountryLady

luvmyponies
Yes, they do need wormers. It was on my list when I spoke with them but looks like it got left off when I posted (couldn't see well from my phone keypad). Thanks for updating Country Lady. Glad to see someone else is going up too! I am currently planned to go up to Days End on Monday (Memorial Day). I will be in Mechanicsville and Charlotte Hall areas Friday mid-day. I will be in Lexington Park Saturday evening and/or mid-day. And I live in Calvert. As I said, I will pick up to save you time. Thank you very much to those that have already responded!

We are going up TUE. I am taking freinds up and we will be spending the day.

ANY HELP IS appreciated! I really hope that people can do what they can. and donate what items they can. This is too close to home. IF we don't help, who will?

Oh! I think they also still accept $$$; if every one chipped in 5 bucks, what that could do!

Last edited:

CountryLady

luvmyponies
We are going up TUE. I am taking freinds up and we will be spending the day.

ANY HELP IS appreciated! I really hope that people can do what they can. and donate what items they can. This is too close to home. IF we don't help, who will?

Oh! I think they also still accept $$$; if every one chipped in 5 bucks, what that could do!

I HAVE DONATION FORMS FROM DEFHR for anybody that might be intrested in donating and would like to use it for their taxes.

:buddies:

CountryLady

luvmyponies
I HAVE DONATION FORMS FROM DEFHR for anybody that might be intrested in donating and would like to use it for their taxes.

DEFHR is also collecting the LEGENDS Proof of purchase lables. So if you have some to donate you can mail them directly to DEFHR or I would be glad to collect them and take them up with me on When I go!

CountryLady

luvmyponies
There are many ways you can help us help the horses!

By helping us, you help ensure the care and rehabilitation of the DEFHR horses. While donations help buy the necessities and keep the farm in operation, there are many other ways to help!

Donate your gently used tack for resale in our tack shed (Bubba's Barn)!
Organize a special fundraiser to help the horses!
Leave a legacy gift!
Donate feed, hay or straw!
Donate your time by becoming a volunteer!
Donate office supplies!
Donate building supplies!
Donate services!
Donate a vehicle!
Become a Corporate Sponsor! Contact Sue Mitchell, Days End's Director of Developmment
to schedule an appointment.
For those wanting to help a horse more directly, consider being a foster parent, a full sponsor for a special needs horse, or adopting one of our very fine horses. If you have no horse experience but would like to financially sponsor a horse, consider our equidopt program.
Through these programs, you directly help a horse, and in return get a new horse friend. Right now at DEFHR, there are 65 deserving horses who can use your help.

There are also other ways to save horses that aren't here at the farm. If you see a horse in need, call your local animal control officer immediately. Let people know its not okay to abuse a horse. Encourage your local humane society to interact with DEFHR, so that they become familiar with our work and capabilities. Encourage friends and neighbors to think responsibly when purchasing a horse. Be sure that they understand the cost and commitment of caring for a horse.

If you are a DEFHR volunteer, thinking about becoming one or considering fostering, sponsoring or adopting a horse, check out our Yahoo!Group. We keep current on DEFHR events, volunteer opportunities and other news. We also host moderated chats, discussion boards and a cyber-place for DEFHR folks to hang out.

CountryLady

luvmyponies
DAYS END FARM WISH LIST
FEED
Legends Senior 12P
Triple Crown Senior
Gooseberry Feed
Rice bran
Beet pulp
Hay

WORMER
Daily Dewormer
Panacure Pac
Strongid
Equimax

Other Items
Ulcer guard
Medicated Shampoo
Electrolytes
Fly masks
Fly spray
Sunscreen
Vet Wrap or stretchy self-sticking bandages
Gauze pads
Antibiotic ointment
Salt Blocks
Mineral Blocks
Antibiotics
Zinc Oxide
Apple Cider Vinegar
Antiseptic wound Cleaner -Hibitane, Betadine or Novalsan scrubs
Disposable diapers or Gauze diapers
Epsom salts and or non iodized salt
Fungicides
MTG
Horse Lice Duster
Sevin - used for animals will treat lice
No. 1 item needed is the heavy duty 20 gallon muck bucket. They take old and new! They are $5-6 at Lowes/WalMart.

PLEASE PASS THE WORD! All of us should at least be able to donate open bottles/containers and buy new to replace.

ALSO: DEFHR is collecting Proof of Purchase Lables from Southern States feeds; Triple Crown, Legends, & Reliance. Those can be mailed directly to them or can we can take them up on one of our trips.
Please mail to:
Days End Farm Horse Rescue
PO Box 309 * Lisbon, MD 21765
301-854-5037 * DAYS END FARM HORSE RESCUE - DEFHR - LISBON, MARYLAND * 410-442-1564

Contact:CountyrLady or Wait4it-boom it you have items that need picking up for donation to DEFHR.

Last edited:

SugarNSpikes

I went to their website, and all I have to say is - wow.
For all of the horses they care for, they are saints. I talked to my mom, and we'll end up donating via their website.

Some of the horses look really nice, and I'm wondering if any of you have ever adopted a horse from a rescue and how they turned out? While I don't have the finances for another horse at the moment, it'll definitely be something that I keep in mind.

CountryLady

luvmyponies
I went to their website, and all I have to say is - wow.
For all of the horses they care for, they are saints. I talked to my mom, and we'll end up donating via their website.

Some of the horses look really nice, and I'm wondering if any of you have ever adopted a horse from a rescue and how they turned out? While I don't have the finances for another horse at the moment, it'll definitely be something that I keep in mind.

We are going up tomorrow for the day. DEFHR really does great work, but it cannot be done with out donations and volunteers.

G

GVF

We are going up tomorrow for the day. DEFHR really does great work, but it cannot be done with out donations and volunteers.

Wonderful!!! I have always, and continue to make donations to the various horse rescues. Donating is a great way to be able to help. Kudos to all who help!!

Wait4It..boom

"Wow" doesn't nearly describe what I saw at Days End Farm yesterday. The farm is immaculate, organized, and I was most floored by the fact there were NO FLIES (and 90+ horses). I asked about their fly control but the one volunteer wasn't sure what they did. There were volunteers busy as bees EVERYWHERE! It was such an amazing sight. We got a one-on-one tour and I couldn't have been more impressed. There were stations everywhere and everything had a place! One station had half a dozen horses being bathed, another had rinsing, one was washing feed buckets... Made me go back and clean up my barn a bit!
The Garrett County starvation cases were all still in quarantine. Although those horses were pitiful, they have a wonderful place to recover while the court case is pending. That's the worst condition I've ever seen any horse. I couldn't believe my eyes and the pictures didn't nearly show it all. They've had 2 weeks of recovery. Many were in field quarantine to graze but some were still in stall quarantine due to illness/weakness, etc. At least there were none still in the slings to help hold them up!
Thank you to the merchants and people that donated and did some spring cleaning in their tack rooms! The volunteers were very impressed with the amount of items we pulled together on such short notice.

CountryLady

luvmyponies
"Wow" doesn't nearly describe what I saw at Days End Farm yesterday. The farm is immaculate, organized, and I was most floored by the fact there were NO FLIES (and 90+ horses). I asked about their fly control but the one volunteer wasn't sure what they did. There were volunteers busy as bees EVERYWHERE! It was such an amazing sight. We got a one-on-one tour and I couldn't have been more impressed. There were stations everywhere and everything had a place! One station had half a dozen horses being bathed, another had rinsing, one was washing feed buckets... Made me go back and clean up my barn a bit!
The Garrett County starvation cases were all still in quarantine. Although those horses were pitiful, they have a wonderful place to recover while the court case is pending. That's the worst condition I've ever seen any horse. I couldn't believe my eyes and the pictures didn't nearly show it all. They've had 2 weeks of recovery. Many were in field quarantine to graze but some were still in stall quarantine due to illness/weakness, etc. At least there were none still in the slings to help hold them up!
Thank you to the merchants and people that donated and did some spring cleaning in their tack rooms! The volunteers were very impressed with the amount of items we pulled together on such short notice.

DEFHR ran like a well oiled machine. We were also impressed. Still getting calls from local merchants wanting to donate. Took up donation from Tractor Supply today. DEFHR were very Appreciative. Got a call from Southern States too, they have items to donate. THANK YOU!

Personally, I hope the local folk support those business that are helping. (is this advertising, cause if it is I will remove it and put up the generic THANK YOU! ):whistle: