"Pass ME on the double yellow? I'll show you!!!"

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Thanks for posting. Saw on FB and couldn't find to link here.

Avoidable. As I say on FB, as a rider passing, legally or otherwise, you are best served by being prepared for them to;

Simply not see you and drift over
Avoiding an obstruction
Making a last second move (missed turn, lane change, whatever)
Trying to scare you
Trying to kill you

E, all of the above.

Rider should have been able to, readily, avoid that. Wasn't even much of an attempt if you watch closely. Old guy (could be any number of bike hating SOMD posters :evil: ) just wanted to throw a scare.

Ride like you can't afford a collision. Because you can't.

:buddies:

According to the news just now, the car driver is claiming a spider bit him and he reacted just as the bike was passing.

Problem is.... there is no sign of a spider bite on his leg, or a bee sting like he said originally.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
I don't see the problem here.

So, any motorist can decide to punish traffic violation with deadly assault?

The driver in the car swerved to save a squirrel.

I'm conflicted, but at the end of the day the guy on the motorcycle is WRONG passing on the double yellow line, and as Larry says, you don't know the other fella might do ...

you break the law own the consequences .... the dude on the chase bike was certainly exceeding the speed limit
.... was the other guy a dick, yeah probably but he would not have had that opportunity to be a dick, had the fella on the scooter not been breaking the law

I'm conflicted, but at the end of the day the guy on the motorcycle is WRONG passing on the double yellow line, and as Larry says, you don't know the other fella might do ...

you break the law own the consequences .... the dude on the chase bike was certainly exceeding the speed limit
.... was the other guy a dick, yeah probably but he would not have had that opportunity to be a dick, had the fella on the scooter not been breaking the law

Are you kidding? The car driver had NO RIGHT OR REASON WHATSOEVER to play vigilante. NOT HIS JOB. He can call it in. That's it. The rider was wrong, no doubt.

CrashTest

If that bike rider was robbing a store and a passing customer hit him in the head with a baseball bat instead of just leaving the store, we'd all be saying he was a hero for possibly saving the life of someone else.

Is this different?

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
The car driver had NO RIGHT OR REASON WHATSOEVER to play vigilante. NOT HIS JOB. He can call it in.

Indeed ... driver of the cage was wrong :yay:

.... I'm going to smile anyway and chalk it up to karma

Karma for all those wankers on sport bikes
with there license plate tucked up under the fender where no one can read it
ripping up and down the road, 70 - 80 - 90 mph weaving in and out of traffic

maybe this guy will think twice next time .... and have some respect for the rules of the road

glhs837

Power with Control

Really, so I can take a bat to a jaywalkers knees? Hey, he broke the law, he owns it, right? You take a right on red taking my ROW as I'm coming straight through and I can drop the hammer and T-bone the crap outta your Yaris with my 4,000lb Jeep, cause you broke the law, you own that shizz, right? Sure about that speed limit thing? Based on what? RPMs? And again, me breaking a traffic law doesnt give you the right to to perform a deadly assault on me.

Now, Larry has a point, the good rider expects homicidal bull####e from drivers, best practice is to expect them all to come after you like you just firebombed an orphans home and machete hacked the flaming survivors aas they ran screaming from the building live on the DR Phil show. Buuuut, heres the thing. I see people doing stupi stuff every damn day, I refrain, just barely at times, but I do refrain, from PITting their asses into a ditch. Don't like what the biker, or the pedestrian, or the biker, or the motorcyclist, or the driver is doing on the road? Too damn bad. Suck it up.

glhs837

Power with Control
If that bike rider was robbing a store and a passing customer hit him in the head with a baseball bat instead of just leaving the store, we'd all be saying he was a hero for possibly saving the life of someone else.

Is this different?

Ah, yeah. Sure is. Someone robbing a store is a bit different than passing illegally.

CrashTest

Judgement call. If you feel the illegal act of someone puts innocent lives at risk and you have an opportunity to end it, why not?

glhs837

Power with Control
Judgement call. If you feel the illegal act of someone puts innocent lives at risk and you have an opportunity to end it, why not?

And just maybe, say on the VEgas Strip at 9pm, you could make that case. Back road in Texas, not a pedestrian in sight, pretty hard to even begin to say anyone was in danger from the bike.

PeoplesElbow

Why was he videoing this ride to begin with? This past weekend on Rt 234 someone decided to pass me and the car in front of me and almost had a head on with the car in the other lane, this was about a mile from 301 and I was right behind the dumbass at the light. I mean he came really close to hitting the oncoming car head on....

Hessian

I bet an officer or rice burner could get a pretty good estimate of the speed of the chase bike when he was on the open road. Judging the pace of the telephone poles,...maybe 90 mph+

Why? its a game. "I can blow off all the laws for miles and nobody can catch me!"
Why are there speed limits posted? They remind drivers that certain conditions add risk to self & others. Anything OVER the limit and People, pets, wildlife, property is at risk.

Camera would have told a different story if the chase bike hit a Labrador, or a kid on a tricycle.

I am sick of these bikes that add risk (& road rage) every freaking day on Rt 5. Its a game, a taunt, ....and then they cry when one of their own turns into a speed bump.

I hope the old gent is let off with a warning, and the insurance company refused to pay for bike replacement or health costs due to flagrant disregard for human life. Hey Pale Rider,...you not only put life, health & property at risk...you also endangered the life of your girlfriend who had little choice but to hang on & get maimed due to your arrogance.

Last edited:

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
How would you compare the motorcycle rider in the video with the recent rider killed on 235?

b23hqb

PREMO Member
Heard this AM that both would be prosecuted. Dude in truck probably has the better case for defense, and probably no video of his intent.