pastry pride

Suz

33 yrs & we r still n luv
Never heard of it. But tell me more. Maybe I know it by another name. You add it to frosting??? What is it's purpose?

letsmove

pastry pride is usually the icing that supermarkets use as icing for their cakes. it is sold in Restaurant supply type stores. I was wondering if BJ's sold it. or at that cake store in Lex Park. It is sold by the quart in a milk like container. all you do is mix it at a high speed for about 10 minutes and you have Whip cream type icing. Bottom line great stuff.

Suz

Originally posted by letsmove
pastry pride is usually the icing that supermarkets use as icing for their cakes. it is sold in Restaurant supply type stores. I was wondering if BJ's sold it. or at that cake store in Lex Park. It is sold by the quart in a milk like container. all you do is mix it at a high speed for about 10 minutes and you have Whip cream type icing. Bottom line great stuff.

OK!!! You can get it at Mckays! and now that I have helped you out I expect a cake in return! :biggrin: :dance:

letsmove

that is great news ...thanks suz...i have 4 kids and i love making cakes for all their school stuff/b-days / holidays...

Suz

I know charlotte hall will sell it to you unwhipped. I think the one on great mills will sell it to you already whipped. Don't know about the leonardtown one.............

bluecat

Originally posted by letsmove

I never knew you could buy it and put in on your own cakes. Mostly everyone I know, inculding myself, LOVES that stuff.

I'll have to try and get some.:yum: