Pats cut Albert Haynesworth

Hank

my war
The great Albert Haynesworth experiment is over for the New England Patriots.

The team on Tuesday released Haynesworth, a league source told ESPNBoston.com, just a few days after the underperforming defensive lineman clearly struggled in the third quarter of Sunday's loss to the New York Giants. After getting overpowered by Giants guard David Diehl on a 10-yard touchdown run by Brandon Jacobs with 9:10 remaining in the quarter, Haynesworth did not see the field the rest of the game.

Source -- New England Patriots cut ties with Albert Haynesworth - ESPN Boston

b23hqb

PREMO Member
Great. Now all the Pats need to do to greatly increase their offensive output is to cut 85 as well.

Chad Johnson is as worthless as Haynesworth. Just proves that Belichek is human.

I believe Brady, and the Patriots offense, has been hamstrung by being required to throw X number of times per game to Johnson, regardless of game situation or open or not.

Johnson can now join TO in the garage for their twitter workouts.....

Hank

my war
Great. Now all the Pats need to do to greatly increase their offensive output is to cut 85 as well.

Chad Johnson is as worthless as Haynesworth. Just proves that Belichek is human.

I believe Brady, and the Patriots offense, has been hamstrung by being required to throw X number of times per game to Johnson, regardless of game situation or open or not.

Johnson can now join TO in the garage for their twitter workouts.....

ha ha... Johnson does suck...:yay:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Haynesworth was scheduled to earn $5.4 million this season but dropped his base salary to $1.5 million (not including incentives). There were no bonuses as part of the deal, which made it a low-risk scenario for the Patriots.

Human. Not stupid.

Hank

my war
Next stop::: Tampa

Albert Haynesworth’s next ex-team is the Buccaneers - Shutdown Corner -

The Tampa Bay Buccaneers will be the latest team to find out that Albert Haynesworth (notes) is overweight, lazy and not worth the time or money. One day after being cut by the New England Patriots , the former NFL defensive player of the year was claimed off waivers by the Bucs.
Tampa will take on the contract Haynesworth signed with New England. The team will pay him $705,882 over the final eight weeks of the season. If he plays for the team in 2012, his salary escalate to $6.7 million, not including a $400,000 roster bonus due Aug. 1.
Whereas you could make the case that Haynesworth signing with Bill Belichick in New England was a good example of low-risk/high-reward, the same can't be said about the Bucs. Sure, the risk is similarly low, but what's the reward? What's the best-case scenario for Morris? At worst, Haynesworth is the same player he's been for the past three years, the Bucs cost . At best, he shows flashes of the play that made him a $100 million man in 2009 and single-handedly leads Tampa to the playoffs. Then what? He dutifully plays the role of the humbled veteran in the offseason, working hard and preparing for training camp, where he'll show up slimmed down and ready to contribute even more in 2012 without asking for a contract extension?
The last thing a young coach like Raheem Morris needs in his young locker room is headaches, and now the Bucs have gone out and created one for him.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
At best, he shows flashes of the play that made him a $100 million man in 2009 and single-handedly leads Tampa to the playoffs. him.

Some people seem to think athletic performance is some sort of switch one merely needs to turn off and on. Well, maybe in pee-wee. And mostly in individual sports and, maybe, just a little bit, in football when you are a supreme talent in your absolute prime. Health, motivation, team work, all those things are necessary in addition to incredible talent and skill. Chris Johnson, maybe the most talented guy in the league, is way off. Brady is having his struggles. D linemen don't get sacks when they feel like it.

Albert, if he was going to do anything, was going to do it in New England. Motivation, team, coaching. That's it. I have zero idea what Tampa is thinking. there is NO upside. At all. He's done. He does not have the motivation nor the stamina anymore. That means the skills are dulled and the talent, sometimes as good as the greats at his best, at his BEST, is approaching three, maybe four years past.

It doesn't matter if he wants to be there and they want him and it's the best place possible for him.

He's done.