Paul Manafort Was an Agent of Ukraine, Not Russia

Hijinx

Do you think he should have ignored other crimes if he found them?
I don't mind telling you what I think.
Like others have said Manafort had been looked at and ignored before, I don't know why he wasn't prosecuted than and I don't care.
Mueller went after him in a effort to force him to testify against Trump.
He couldn't because he had nothing against Trump
That pissed off Mueller and the deep Staters and they wanted him to get life.
He got a sentence that wasn't enough punishment in their opinion, so they went and charged him with other things, that added a 3 more years to his sentence, Still not enough so they charged him a 3rd time.Adding more time.

Now I am all for guilty parties serving their time but there is a limit to how bad you screw over a man because of political bullsh1t.
I am now on Manaforts side and I sincerely hope Donald trump pardons the guy after the 2020 election.
These political witchhunts have gone far enough.
Its time to stop screwing over America in their effort to screw over Trump.
Lets get some real business done.

The hell with all of these BUILLSH!T investigations.And the dung heads calling for them especially Nadler and Schiff.

Chris0nllyn

The press and punditry are trying to pretend that it is, hence the public statements
and the reminders that Ukraine isn't Russia.

Well, it is the press.

The judge in the case has said otherwise, publically. After she sentenced him to another 43 months in her case involving him.

Manafort’s legal team had suggested repeatedly in its sentencing memo that the fact that he hadn’t been found to have colluded with Russia should be a mitigating factor when it came to how much time he would serve in prison. But Jackson not only rejected that argument in sentencing him to 43 additional months in prison, she also rejected the entire argument behind it.

“The ‘no collusion’ refrain that runs through the entire defense memorandum is unrelated to matters at hand,” she said. “The ‘no collusion’ mantra is simply a non sequitur.”

:yawn:

how many times must I say it ....

Muller went after Manifort trying to leverage testimony involving Trump
The FEDS had already looked into Manifort

Outside of the lengthy details involving all these people and how they're connected to the collusion case (I don't think their names just got pulled from a hat), Manafort clearly broke the law. Should they ignore the fact that he broke the law?

I'm just not sure what the idea behind the "but, Russian collusion" mantra is all about. What's the point behind that considering this case has nothing to do with it?

Chris0nllyn

I don't mind telling you what I think.
Like others have said Manafort had been looked at and ignored before, I don't know why he wasn't prosecuted than and I don't care.
Mueller went after him in a effort to force him to testify against Trump.
He couldn't because he had nothing against Trump
That pissed off Mueller and the deep Staters and they wanted him to get life.
He got a sentence that wasn't enough punishment in their opinion, so they went and charged him with other things, that added a 3 more years to his sentence, Still not enough so they charged him a 3rd time.Adding more time.

Now I am all for guilty parties serving their time but there is a limit to how bad you screw over a man because of political bullsh1t.
I am now on Manaforts side and I sincerely hope Donald trump pardons the guy after the 2020 election.
These political witchhunts have gone far enough.
Its time to stop screwing over America in their effort to screw over Trump.
Lets get some real business done.

The hell with all of these BUILLSH!T investigations.And the dung heads calling for them especially Nadler and Schiff.

You want guilty parties to serve time, but hate the investigations to determine their guilt? I don't quite understand that.

He wasn't "charged with other things", he PLED GUILTY TO THEM.

He was charged in VA last year, and convicted on 8 counts of tax and bank fraud. He went on to admit to 10 other crimes after a mistrial was declared surrounding them. On those 8 counts, he got 47 months.

In DC, he pled guilty to 2 charges. Conspiracy to defaurd the US and witness tampering. He took a plea and agreed to help prosecutors. He then violated his plea deal when he lied to investigators. On those counts, he got an additional 43 months.

Trump could pardon him, however, NY state just charged Manafort with 16 felonies in NY State. If found guilty, he could not be pardoned because they aren't federal crimes.

Just about every story/thread about a Joe-Schmo criminal, the common theme is "don't want the time, don't do the crime". In this case, you all have yet to even acknowledge the fact that he committed multiple crimes. No one forced him to do them for as long as he did.

These charges have nothing to do with Trump.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Should they ignore the fact that he broke the law?

I'm just not sure what the idea behind the "but, Russian collusion" mantra is all about. What's the point behind that considering this case has nothing to do with it?

Chris are you stuck on OBTUSE today .... the FEDS have had long look at, and not prosecuted Manifort [insert reason]

Muller drug Manifort in, in a effort to get INFORMATION on TRUMP ... refering charges and prosecuting Manifort

WTF do you not understand about a power play or strong arm tactics by Federal Prosecutors
FFS dude you bitch about Law Enforcement abuses all day most every day

A tale of two Trump comrades
Feds have gone easier on high-profile liberal Democrats than they have Trump associates

Manafort and Cohen worked closely with President Trump, as campaign manager and personal attorney, respectively. Both men didn’t come under investigation until the FBI opened its Russia probe in July 2016. A Manafort friend said that if the political consultant hadn’t gone to work for Mr.

Trump
, he never would have faced charges in a 2014 probe that had gone dormant.
Conservatives see decisions to prosecute them — on tax charges not remotely connected to Russian collusion — as the Justice Department’s and Mr. Mueller’s strong-arm tactics. They wanted to force guilty pleas and then gain cooperation, with a goal of getting evidence against Mr. Trump.

In Manafort’s case, his presiding trial judge in Alexandria, Virginia, agreed.

“Given the investigation’s focus on President Trump’s campaign, even a blind person can see that the true target of the Special Counsel’s investigation is President Trump, not defendant, and that defendant’s prosecution is part of that larger plan,” said U.S. District Judge T.S. Ellis III. “Specifically, the charges against defendant are intended to induce defendant to cooperate with the Special Counsel by providing evidence against the President or other members of the campaign. Although these kinds of high-pressure prosecutorial tactics are neither uncommon nor illegal, they are distasteful.”

Chris0nllyn

Thanks for proving my point.

You would agree, however, that had he not broken the law, he wouldn't be sitting in prison the next 7 years or so, yes?

Chris are you stuck on OBTUSE today .... the FEDS have had long look at, and not prosecuted Manifort [insert reason]

Muller drug Manifort in, in a effort to get INFORMATION on TRUMP ... refering charges and prosecuting Manifort

WTF do you not understand about a power play or strong arm tactics by Federal Prosecutors
FFS dude you bitch about Law Enforcement abuses all day most every day

A tale of two Trump comrades
Feds have gone easier on high-profile liberal Democrats than they have Trump associates

Manafort and Cohen worked closely with President Trump, as campaign manager and personal attorney, respectively. Both men didn’t come under investigation until the FBI opened its Russia probe in July 2016. A Manafort friend said that if the political consultant hadn’t gone to work for Mr.
Trump
, he never would have faced charges in a 2014 probe that had gone dormant.
Conservatives see decisions to prosecute them — on tax charges not remotely connected to Russian collusion — as the Justice Department’s and Mr. Mueller’s strong-arm tactics. They wanted to force guilty pleas and then gain cooperation, with a goal of getting evidence against Mr. Trump.

In Manafort’s case, his presiding trial judge in Alexandria, Virginia, agreed.

“Given the investigation’s focus on President Trump’s campaign, even a blind person can see that the true target of the Special Counsel’s investigation is President Trump, not defendant, and that defendant’s prosecution is part of that larger plan,” said U.S. District Judge T.S. Ellis III. “Specifically, the charges against defendant are intended to induce defendant to cooperate with the Special Counsel by providing evidence against the President or other members of the campaign. Although these kinds of high-pressure prosecutorial tactics are neither uncommon nor illegal, they are distasteful.”

*Mueller
*Manafort

You link says they weren't under investigation until the Russian collusion investigation, but you say he's been investigated well before then.

But I don't even really care about that, the point you keep ignoring is that had he not done the crime, he wouldn't be doing the time. You all seem to want to ignore the crimes because you feel it's a witchhunt. It very well may be, but again, had he not done the crime....

I bitch about a system that supports and encourages police to ignore the Constitutional protections citizens have. That does not mean I ignore the fact that people broke the law. It sucks, and some people are caught up in it, but you, Hijinx, and everyone else who believes in the "rule of law" should not be surprised here. We have laws, you break them (and get caught) you pay for it. That shouldn't change based on who is being charged.

Last edited:

Hijinx

You would agree, however, that had he not broken the law, he wouldn't be sitting in prison the next 7 years or so, yes?

*Mueller
*Manafort

You link says they weren't under investigation until the Russian collusion investigation, but you say he's been investigated well before then.

But I don't even really care about that, the point you keep ignoring is that had he not done the crime, he wouldn't be doing the time. You all seem to want to ignore the crimes because you feel it's a witchhunt. It very well may be, but again, had he not done the crime....

I bitch about a system that supports and encourages police to ignore the Constitutional protections citizens have. That does not mean I ignore the fact that people broke the law. It sucks, and some people are caught up in it, but you, Hijinx, and everyone else who believes in the "rule of law" should not be surprised here. We have laws, you break them (and get caught) you pay for it. That shouldn't change based on who is being charged.

As soon as you agree that the only reason he is going to prison now is that he worked to get Trump elected and Mueller decided to destroy him for it.

Chris0nllyn

As soon as you agree that the only reason he is going to prison now is that he worked to get Trump elected and Mueller decided to destroy him for it.

:lol: You want me to agree with the complete opposite thing I'm talking about?

You keep thinking Manafort is innocent in all this. I'll keep having no sympathy for someone who can't do what the majority of us do.....follow the laws in place.

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member
Not to worry..Adam Schitt is going to find all the dirt on Trump that Mueller missed.
How are 12 corrupt congress critters going to find more about "collusion" than the FBI and a special council. They are all positioning because they know Mueller couldn't find anything on Trump in 2 years.....they are smarter than the Special Council.

So we will get a few more indictments on lying.....boy do I feel safe now...

This_person

@Hijinx and @Chris0nllyn, you two are coming across as a satire of a "tastes great, less filling" commercial.

He's going to prison because he broke the law. He's being prosecuted more aggressively for purely political reasons. It can be BOTH

Chris0nllyn

@Hijinx and @Chris0nllyn, you two are coming across as a satire of a "tastes great, less filling" commercial.

He's going to prison because he broke the law. He's being prosecuted more aggressively for purely political reasons. It can be BOTH

It's almost as if I said that. :lol:

Hijinx

:lol: You want me to agree with the complete opposite thing I'm talking about?

You keep thinking Manafort is innocent in all this. I'll keep having no sympathy for someone who can't do what the majority of us do.....follow the laws in place.
I don't think he is any more innocent than Hillary is, I have never said he was innocent. What I said is that if he had not been working to put Trump in office he would not have been prosecuted. You already know that as well as I do. You just won't admit it.

Hillary is guilty of buying a Dossier and starting all of this horse sh1t against Trump
She is guilty of a security breach. She and Obama are guilty of supplying ISIS with shoulder fired rockets. Obama is guilty of supplying guns to the cartels. but you deem to ignore their guilt and wet your pants over Manafort.

Chris0nllyn

Hillary is guilty of buying a Dossier and starting all of this horse sh1t against Trump
She is guilty of a security breach. She and Obama are guilty of supplying ISIS with shoulder fired rockets. Obama is guilty of supplying guns to the cartels. but you deem to ignore their guilt and wet your pants over Manafort.

Typical.

"Whataboutism" coupled with ignoring years of posts the easily prove you wrong.

Why do you all do this? Make things up you know aren't true.

Hijinx

Typical.

"Whataboutism" coupled with ignoring years of posts the easily prove you wrong.

Why do you all do this? Make things up you know aren't true.
Would you mind horribly telling me what is untrue in that post?
Just because you like to ignore truth,does not make it untrue.

Chris0nllyn

Would you mind horribly telling me what is untrue in that post?
Just because you like to ignore truth,does not make it untrue.

Uh, the only part of it about me.

I don't think he is any more innocent than Hillary is, I have never said he was innocent. What I said is that if he had not been working to put Trump in office he would not have been prosecuted. You already know that as well as I do. You just won't admit it.

Pointing out that Manafort broke the law is hardly "wet[ing] [my] pants". Good luck finding any other post of mine where I remotely get excited about Manafort.

I also never ignored Obama's problems. As someone who has been here as long as you have, you should know this. As someone who seems remotely intelligent and aware of their surroundings, you should know that.

But I think you do know that, it's just easier to make those remarks than face the fact that I am against bad people, not parties.

Or maybe you just have no long term memory and want, so badly, for me to be something I'm not. Don't feel bad though, you aren't the only one who does this. Just because you don't remember it, doesn't mean it didn't happen.