PAX Base Cell phone use law enforcement

Ponytail

As it was just decribed to me, and not because I'm an offender, the law will be enforced using the following criteria supposedly following MD state code:

"Any listening device visibly seen covering one or both ear openings is considered to be in violation of the law. As well, a cord seen coming from under the helmet indicating a listening device is being used under a helmet is also considered to be in violation."

Is this not totally friggin ridiculous? Don't get me wrong, I wanna see cell phone use while driving eliminated, but to use THAT as the criteria? Their argument is that you can not hear emergency vehicles and such if you have those things in your ear. Bullshiat! Those things inhibit hearing less than my co-workers ear hair.

Now even listening to an i-POD type of device while on your motorcycle is illegal.

This is going WAY to friggin far.

Pete

Repete
Big brother is watching. Yesterday on the radio I heard the cops arrested someone in ST Mary's for carrying a "concealed deadly weapon" because they found a 20 inch "club" in his car and it "had "no use except to inflict deadly harm to a person."

Steve

Enjoying life!
Ponytail said:
Now even listening to an i-POD type of device while on your motorcycle is illegal.
We are talking safety here, you know. I think they should also ban radios from cars and prohibit passengers from talking to the driver, which can be very distracting.

Ponytail

Pete said:
Big brother is watching. Yesterday on the radio I heard the cops arrested someone in ST Mary's for carrying a "concealed deadly weapon" because they found a 20 inch "club" in his car and it "had "no use except to inflict deadly harm to a person."

I heard that too. That's why carrying the obvious is always better. Small baseball bat (I like the 27) or old rusty 9 iron, 3/4" drive -24" breaker bar and a handfull of golfballs. Ever get hit with a golfball? :whistle:

Tigerlily

Luvin Life !!!
Steve said:
We are talking safety here, you know. I think they should also ban radios from cars and prohibit passengers from talking to the driver, which can be very distracting.
Yeah and all kids should have to ride strapped to the roof rack in order not to distract Mom and Dad. :lmao:

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Pete said:
:yeahthat: And it was in sight enough for the officer to see it, so how can it be concealed?

Ponytail

Steve said:

And I though I was wishfull thinking, hoping that my co-worker WOULD get pulled over and made to clip the ear hair on the spot! :lol:

willie

Pete said:
That catchall has been around for years. A Louisville Slugger also qualifies.

sunflower

Loving My Life...
Ken King said:
:yeahthat: And it was in sight enough for the officer to see it, so how can it be concealed?
I have a rubber batton (sp) and it's in the seat NOT concealed . Should I take it out of my truck? I was told it's not considered a deadly weapon? I dont want to hear my name on the radio :lol:

pearlie369

UnStAbLe YeT sAfE
So does this mean people with hearing aides are breaking the law??? We have a 'listening device' in our ear, or sometimes ears. Guess I'll just have to take it out when I drive so I don't break a code...Hopefully I never need to actually hear something when Im driving like an emergency vehicle... this is just plain vague, and stupid.

Pete

Repete
sunflower said:
I have a rubber batton (sp) and it's in the seat NOT concealed . Should I take it out of my truck? I was told it's not considered a deadly weapon? I dont want to hear my name on the radio :lol:
Well I believe the law say "the ONLY use is to cause deadly harm" so if you tape a Q-tip to the end and when questioned say "It has more use than to cause deadly harm, I use it to clean my ears." You should be good.

just.me

Pete said:

It could not have happened to a nicer guy.

sunflower

Loving My Life...
Pete said:
Well I believe the law say "the ONLY use is to cause deadly harm" so if you tape a Q-tip to the end and when questioned say "It has more use than to cause deadly harm, I use it to clean my ears." You should be good.
:lol: I think I'll take it out. If I ever had to use it, I wouldnt try to kill anyone. Just want to hit um a couple of times and get away if needed.