PC Marine boot camp

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
Oohrah

The Marine Corps has been ordered to come up with a plan to make its enlisted entry-level training coed, and to make its job titles more gender-neutral following the recent move to open all military combat roles to women.

"As we achieve full integration of the force ... this is an opportunity to update the position titles and descriptions themselves to demonstrate through this language that women are included in these MOSs," Mabus wrote. "Please review the position titles throughout the Marine Corps and ensure that they are gender-integrated as well, removing 'man' from the titles and provide a report to me as soon as is practicable and no later than April 1, 2016."

While male and female Marine officer candidates have trained together for years, the service remains the only military branch to segregate its enlisted trainees. Female recruits only attend Marine Corps Recruit Depot Parris Island, South Carolina, where they live and train separately from their male counterparts there.
Marine officials have long touted the benefits to this model as it allows for intense mentoring between female drill instructors and the women in their charge. But critics say it can backfire with female recruits not being held to the same physical standards as their male counterparts.

drop and give me 25

This_person

This could be mildly entertaining for a bit.

Personscript.
Personhole cover.
Etc...
:confused: Does woman become wo-person? Wait, no, that can't be right - it ends in "son", which is clearly sexist towards males.

Um, wo-human....nope, that won't work

Um, wo-female? Nope, that won't work...

human?

Nope

Ummmmmmmmm

Maybe we should take a cue from Star Trek and start just using the male pronoun exclusively and forgo PC? How many times were female officers called "Sir" on those shows? Hell, Marcie started that with Peppermint Patty!

Larry Gude

Strung Out
:confused: Does woman become wo-person? Wait, no, that can't be right - it ends in "son", which is clearly sexist towards males.

Um, wo-human....nope, that won't work

Um, wo-female? Nope, that won't work...

human?

Nope

Ummmmmmmmm

Maybe we should take a cue from Star Trek and start just using the male pronoun exclusively and forgo PC? How many times were female officers called "Sir" on those shows? Hell, Marcie started that with Peppermint Patty!

Good point. I am person. Here me roar.

That person can bring home the bacon. That person can fry it up in a pan and never let you forget you are a...person.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Good point. I am person. Here me roar.

That person can bring home the bacon. That person can fry it up in a pan and never let you forget you are a...person.

Xer and Xim..

We'll just call all Marines Caitlyn.. or Pat.

Restitution

They won't be sleeping in the same areas. They won't be changing in the same areas. They won't have free time in the same space. And they sure as hell won't be showering/relieving themselves in the same areas. What kind of "integration" are they talking about?

This sounds more like the Marines wanting to cram everyone into the same space so they can shut down a portion of it and save $$ under the guise of "PC Integration."

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
They won't be sleeping in the same areas. They won't be changing in the same areas. They won't have free time in the same space. And they sure as hell won't be showering/relieving themselves in the same areas. What kind of "integration" are they talking about?

This sounds more like the Marines wanting to cram everyone into the same space so they can shut down a portion of it and save $$ under the guise of "PC Integration."

SecNAV ordered this.

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
Well SecNav needs to be neutered.
He may have been because he probably did not come up with this himself. On the bright side, I'm sure that plenty of the male recruits would love a helping hand when helmet polishing time rolls around.

glhs837

Power with Control
Navy got told to degender it's titles as much as it can. Aviation ordnanceperson, say. Maybe aviation ordnance technician? Not sure what they will do with the basic airman/seaman/fireman designations.