Pediatric Dentists for autistic children

chrisandheather

I had posted originally for the southern maryland area and received very helpful responses---big thank you!!

My more specific question is who do you recommend as a really good pediatric dentist that will work with autistic children specifically in Charles or Saint Mary's County?

Thanks again for the responses. They do help!

Last edited:

Moss_Lady

Oh! I hope somebody can offer a suggestion here. I have also been looking for a dentist that works well with autistic children. I have taken my son to see Dr. Strouth and she was wonderful with him. He still wouldn't actually complete the entire exam but she is willing to schedule numerous visits until he becomes comfortable.

chrisandheather

Oh! I hope somebody can offer a suggestion here. I have also been looking for a dentist that works well with autistic children. I have taken my son to see Dr. Strouth and she was wonderful with him. He still wouldn't actually complete the entire exam but she is willing to schedule numerous visits until he becomes comfortable.

Where is this doctor located? What is her contact information?
Thanks

Dedee

Dr J.in Dunkirk is great. I think that he would do well with any child with any kind of disability.

jsouthan

Try Dr. Susan Noble - 301.855.1736 or 410.535.5330 - she is wonderful.

I agree that Dr. Noble is a great pediatric dentist. She is very patient with children. One thing to note, though, is that they do not process any dental insurance for you. You must pay it all up front and then submit it to your ins. co. for reimbursement. How you feel about her (and her office is great) may outweigh that, but it can be a shocker if you are not prepared.

We go to Dr. Radesca (in w/ Dr. Juambeltz) in Dunkirk now that we have moved (and they take our insurance) and I can say that their office is really great too. My kids love that they have TVs playing by the chairs. It really helps distract them. If this is something that would help your child, it would just be something to consider.

I liked both Dr. Noble and Dr. Radesca, so I can't really so one is better than the other. It just depends on which situation would be better for your child. Dr. Noble's office tends to be quiter, they have a bird, put sunglasses on you so the light doesn't bother you. Dr. J's office (or Dr. Radesca) is a little louder... relies on TVs to distract. Both are great and relate well to the kids.