Peep Site

CobbWeb

Is there anyone in St. Mary's that can set up a peep site on a bow? I tried The Treestand and get number not in service message, guess she doesn't do that any more.

limblips

PREMO Member
Is there anyone in St. Mary's that can set up a peep site on a bow? I tried The Treestand and get number not in service message, guess she doesn't do that any more.

Kim closed the Treestand. Sad, she was the best around. You can DIY, just google it. There are youtube videos and other instructions available.

getbent

Thats how them b*tch's R
I wouldn't use a peep sight. Too much goin on inside that thing. Having to line the pin up in the site and find the body of the deer in it as well. That is why i just shoot no peep. But, its a personal preference. So good luck, hope you find someone to help you.

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
I know it's waldorf but Fred's was recommended by a bowhunting friend of mine.
Supposedly a new shop opened in st. Mary's about a mile or so south of the wawa at the 5 235 split.

bulldog

I wouldn't use a peep sight. Too much goin on inside that thing. Having to line the pin up in the site and find the body of the deer in it as well. That is why i just shoot no peep. But, its a personal preference. So good luck, hope you find someone to help you.

This is an option and I go from one to the other, peep, no peep. I'm slightly more accurate and consistant with a peep, but would prefer not to use one for low light situations.

bulldog

3 J's Archery did mine. You need a bow press to loose the string to install peep.
::::Welcome to 3J's Archery Proshop::::

Not really, but you sure do have to be very careful if you're not using a press. You can use a very dull edged tool to work between the strings and get the peep in there, but again, be very, very careful.

3-jays is a good place from what I know of them. Took my bow in for a problem and they fixed it right away and were okay on the prices.

CobbWeb

Thanks

Kim closed the Treestand. Sad, she was the best around. You can DIY, just google it. There are youtube videos and other instructions available.

I have shot open site for years, thought I would try out a peep this year, never used one so was looking for an expert to help set up and give pointers. I looked at doing it myself, but since I never used one I thought it best to seek assistance.
Not sure if its me or my bow just don't seem to be shooting as consistent as I usually do.
I was going to try it a few years ago and Kim helped me out and talked me out of the peep, so sad she got out of the biz.

Bigpops92

You can tie a peep sight in with serving string or even with a good dental floss. It is very easy to do. Look on YouTube I am sure someone has posted a video on how to do it.

Peep sights work well and are simply an alignment tool. Keep in mind the eye will always find the center, provided it is adjusted properly. A larger aperture provides a better view and still maintains a proper alignment. That being said...go large! For hunting the bigger the better in low light.

If you need help let me know. I am south of the base. It would take me 15 minutes to install and does not require a press.