Pellet Guns

Railroad

Routinely Derailed
Here's what I bought myself a few years ago for back yard "plinking:" a Gamo "Socom Tactical" .177 pellet gun. Single-shot, intended for methodical and relaxing target shooting. It came with a basic scope, not the fancy rig shown in the picture. I've never installed or used the scope because I don't have enough room in my yard to need it, but I do enjoy shooting it.

I also have a Crossman single-shot targeting pistol which yields pretty good results (taking into account the lousy shooter operating it).

Attachments

• Gamo Tactical.jpg
    Gamo Tactical.jpg
    4.9 KB · Views: 123
Last edited:

b23hqb

PREMO Member
I have a Crossman Storm XT break action .177 rifle. Powerful pellet gun - over 1200 FPS. Works great for knocking off those pesky squirrels and armadillos that destroy the bird feeders, yard, etc.

Railroad

Routinely Derailed
I have a Crossman Storm XT break action .177 rifle. Powerful pellet gun - over 1200 FPS. Works great for knocking off those pesky squirrels and armadillos that destroy the bird feeders, yard, etc.

My Gamo is also break action, with similar power/muzzle velocity. Lots of fun, huh?

b23hqb

PREMO Member
My Gamo is also break action, with similar power/muzzle velocity. Lots of fun, huh?

Yup. Bought mine at a local Wal Mart. I have a scope, but took it off. Iron sights are more fun, and like you, my gun shoots far better than the shooter, which is me.

BB's are fun, but will only scare any critters, except for the perfect "shoot the ol' eye out" shot. That does not solve the problem.

Got 2. One more accurate. Used to pop squirrels easy. No more feeder no more tree rats to shoot at.

b23hqb

PREMO Member
Got 2. One more accurate. Used to pop squirrels easy. No more feeder no more tree rats to shoot at.

I agree you can hit them. But unless you kill the squirrel brains, they just come back.

Birds get first priority in my yard. We have an incredible variety. Squirrels are squirrels. They either learn or they die. Simply because they will not learn.:yahoo:

Railroad

Routinely Derailed
I have a BB gun I use to piss off the squirrels when they come up to the feeders (knowing they'll be back), but somehow I can't bring myself to kill anything.