Pellet Stove Acting Up

nutz

Well, this was interesting..... it was working ok in spite of the problems, but seems to have lost it's mind....
View attachment 145264

Turns out the snap switches were all ok, but I replaced them anyway. Stove still acting the same way. Noticed the control module wasn't seated quite right, so I pulled it, cleaned the contacts and plugged it back in, but no luck. Fans are good, fuses good, everything I can physically touch is good, so that just leaves the control module. $400. ugh. Might be time to invest in a new stove.
Did you check/test the thermocouple?

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
PREMO Member
Ad Free Experience
Patron
"GWguy, post: 6113240, member: 17997"
Might be time to invest in a new stove.
Let me know what BTU or whatever you're looking for, and I'll check our warehouse. The boss usually matches or beats the competition. :yay:

Last edited:
Well, I may be rethinking this as I have lunch at Bert's. I'm liking the new Harman but not liking the $4k+ price tag. Reconsidering spending $290 for a new brain for the old one.

Ordered a new brain for the old stove. WalMart of all places. WalMart drop-ships from a place called Earth Sense Energy. I could order direct from them and save $9, but they have a 'no return at all ever' policy on this part. But if I order the same part thru WalMart, I get a 30 day return with a 20% restock fee. If the brain is not the problem and I ordered thru Earth Sense, I'm stuck for over $300. Thru WalMart, I can return it minus the restock fee and I'm only out about $70. I call that an acceptable risk. If this is the problem, I get a working stove and put off buying a new stove at $4K+ for a a while.

BTW, Bert's has the best hush puppies I've had in a long time. WAY more in an order than I could possibly eat.

DoWhat

Sexy Stud
PREMO Member
Ordered a new brain for the old stove. WalMart of all places. WalMart drop-ships from a place called Earth Sense Energy. I could order direct from them and save $9, but they have a 'no return at all ever' policy on this part. But if I order the same part thru WalMart, I get a 30 day return with a 20% restock fee. If the brain is not the problem and I ordered thru Earth Sense, I'm stuck for over $300. Thru WalMart, I can return it minus the restock fee and I'm only out about $70. I call that an acceptable risk. If this is the problem, I get a working stove and put off buying a new stove at $4K+ for a a while.

BTW, Bert's has the best hush puppies I've had in a long time. WAY more in an order than I could possibly eat.
You are one cheap person.
If you were able to take a female out to dinner, would you use a coupon?

black dog

Free America
Hes not that cheap, hes ordering parts he doesn't know are bad for the second time..

Third times a charm... Just Sayin'.... :whistle:

SailorGirl

Well, the next few days are going to be dreary and wet, so it's worth it. Ready for next year too.
You're right and I didn't mean anything by it - same principle as glhs getting a snow blower to scare the snow away. I'm glad you fixed it.