Pelosi / Biden Feeding Troops Raw Food

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
National Guard Members Currently Assigned In Washington DC Are Being ****ed With Food That Has Worms, Metal Shavings, And Raw Chicken

Man oh Man. I've been sitting on this story for a little bit but more and more messages have started to flow in. It is amazing to me that this kind of crap happens all the time in the Military. In all honesty, when this happens in forward-deployed areas, I kind of think it comes with the territory. Although we are the most advanced fighting force in the world, it is difficult to continuously prepare and serve thousands of meals per day without mishaps, spoiling, and a flat-out gross menu. BUT, and this is a big but that would even make Kim Kardashian blush, that shouldn't happen in the Capitol of the country ESPECIALLY not months into a security operation that should be winding down.

Budget concerns typically cause this type of crap but that's infuriating too, right? We are spending something like 1.6 trillion dollars on the failed F35 program. Each one of those buckets of metal cost the taxpayers over 100 million dollars. I would be surprised if the totality of the health and welfare of all the troops in DC for the entirety of their mission was 15 million dollars. These troops are full-time bubbas and sisters. These are folks that work normal jobs back home and were called by their country to serve in an unsteady time. To have their per deim stripped away, to be served food like this, and live in conditions like this is the exact reason many only serve one enlistment. Why would you stay? Why stay and be treated like trash? Yes, the honor to wear the uniform is an honor but the country's and service branches should honor that service with average treatment at the minimum. Worms. Metal shavings. Unknown duration of deployment. On and on and on.

Louise

Wow. Truly awful and heartbreaking. Pelosi is disgusting, and that is putting it mildly.

PeoplesElbow

Hate to say this but their call up started before Biden was inaugurated. The Pentagon is to blame if they are being fed crap, not one specific politician or even an entire party.

Hijinx

The real question here is this.
Why are they still there anyway? It's a total waste of time and money.
No one is attacking the Capitol.

It's just bullshit they haven't been sent back to their homes and jobs.

Reactions: BOP

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Poor food quality at US Capitol making National Guard members sick

“Yesterday, for instance, there were 74 different meals found with raw beef in them,” the sergeant said. "Just yesterday, the lunches were, soldiers had found metal shavings in their food.”

The food concerns going beyond quality – quantity is an issue as well. Breakfast is an example.

“You were getting maybe a Danish and some sort of juice," the sergeant said. "And then we had certain days where it was clearly a dinner role and Sunny D.”

After undercooked food made more than a dozen soldiers sick, while some went to the hospital – the concern the staff sergeant says went up the chain of command, then there was a noticeable change on the boxes being delivered.

DaSDGuy

Were they being fed this same stuff when Trump was HMFIC?
Hard to say. They didn't complain loudly enough back then I guess.
Then again, Trump never implemented a long-term military occupation of our nations capitol because he was scared of peaceful protesters like BLM and antifa.

Reactions: BOP

PeoplesElbow

Hard to say. They didn't complain loudly enough back then I guess.
Then again, Trump never implemented a long-term military occupation of our nations capitol because he was scared of peaceful protesters like BLM and antifa.
My point is plame blame where it belongs. Placing blame on a politician just because you dont like them makes the valid complaints about what a politician does seem just like partisan spin, aka crying wolf. I'm in no way defending those turds, just believe in being accurate.

PeoplesElbow

Trump did not deploy the National Guard to Occupy the Capitol
They had been pouring in since Jan 16th, it certainly wasn't Biden yet and as Trump was still in charge then.

PeoplesElbow

I pay good money for steak tartare and they get it for free? :frownyface:

Yes, kidding. Absoutely no excuse for this. None.
Most likely some assclown in the NG wanting to look good and Power Point engineered a "better" way to feed the tank and file.

UglyBear

Politician POSs are mistreating our boys and girls.

Anyone know if NG can accept food donations while being deployed? I would be good for 10 boxes of hot pizza if they can take it.

black dog

Free America
Not in downtown DC.

That food in a green bag costs more than just giving them per diem.

A single MRE costs The Uncle between two and four dollars depending on what snack in in it.
I somehow do not believe per deim is less than twelve bucks a day.
They can also bring in a few mobile chow halls.