Pensacola shooting

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Makes we wonder about a couple of the students I had when I was teaching a FM group class at Pensacola.... I thought the scowls were just because they couldn't understand me.

I remember dismissing the class (8 officers,,all purportedly devout Muslims) early one day and blithely spouting: "Grab a beer and enjoy the scenery...er..uh...oops..heh heh..."

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
I remember dismissing the class (8 officers,,all purportedly devout Muslims) early one day and blithely spouting: "Grab a beer and enjoy the scenery...er..uh...oops..heh heh..."

... And they all got drunk and went to the petting zoo...

BernieP

Resident PIA
A legal loophole enabled a Saudi national to purchase a gun "legally"? Now THAT's a law that should be looked into further. Unless you are a citizen or have diplomatic immunity, that's not a very good idea in my eyes. Must investigate further...
IMHO, the Bill of Rights applies to citizens of the US, I definitely would not grant ANY rights to someone with diplomatic immunity.

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
1 of the victims just graduated from boot camp less than a month ago. I bet he was thrilled to get stationed at NAS Pensacola. I always liked going down there on TAD when I was in.

GregV814

well, I think that is a legitimate reason for killing many people...Don't ever call me "dude"..... or interrupt me during Curse of Oak Island....just sayin'

Chris0nllyn

Just out of curiosity... Anyone else on this forum go out hunting with a Glock 9mm???

In MD, the only people allowed to carry a sidearm while hunting are in Western MD during early deer season (because of bears).
Firearms or airguns may not be carried while hunting deer during the Archery Season with the following exception. In Deer Management Region A, persons 21 years old or older may carry a handgun for personal protection against bear while hunting deer during the Archery Season.
http://www.eregulations.com/maryland/hunting/deer-regulations-archery-muzzleloader-firearms-airguns/

In FL, you can carry a concealed sidearm anytime you want if you have a CWL. If you want to open carry, you can do so without a CWL if you are traveling to or from a hunting or fishing expedition. I know my sister carries her sidearm each and every time she goes out hunting because of the wild pigs alone.

Tech

I dont believe so. They would be on a Saudi govt passport, but are not diplomats. Same as when our military travel overseas.
Had a conversation a couple years ago with someone who had to take a couple of Brazilian military liaisons up to the MVA to get licenses, related the rings the had to jump through. They had diplomatic visas and the clerk couldn't find Brazil on the drop down menu for country because they were reading the passport that was in Portuguese, menu in English. Also talked to one of the local Aussie. His visa was a diplomatic type.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
The only reason I included diplomats is because I can't imagine being a diplomat to another country, say Benghazi, and not being armed at all times. I would think diplomats to our country should be allowed to carry in their embassy and it's grounds.

stgislander

PREMO Member
I saw in the hometown paper that DOJ/FBI wil be holding a presser today announcing that the shooter did have ties to al-Qaida.