People Can’t Drive!

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Looking for ideas on how to design an intersection so idiots don't run a red light.
Have one of these pop up when the light turns Red.

Security-Road-Hydraulic-Rising-Blocker-Barrier.jpg

OccamsRazor

No amount of change or intersection traffic control will help prevent accidents caused by those who have no idea what proper driving techniques are or desire to follow them.

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member

Dyson purposefully ran a redlight in attempt to commit suicide.

PeoplesElbow

Dyson purposefully ran a redlight in attempt to commit suicide.
So thats why all the sand was in the road.

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Why did he have to try to take people with him?
When I was at a really dark point in my life, considered running my vehicle at top speed into a bridge abutment, never once considered hurting anyone else. That was almost 20 years ago.

TPD

the poor dad
So we can pass gun control legislation but we can't fix the Hermanville Rd/Rt 235 intersection with the increased gas taxes. The hits just keep on coming at this intersection!

DaSDGuy

So we can pass gun control legislation but we can't fix the Hermanville Rd/Rt 235 intersection with the increased gas taxes. The hits just keep on coming at this intersection!

The state won't fix it until people die.

OccamsRazor

See my post #224
That intersection should not be a problem as far as visibility and traffic control. The problem is with the crappy driving of the people who use it!

DaSDGuy

and there have been deaths at this intersection
I know. And there will be more when the Family Dollar opens and people turn across multiple lanes of traffic to enter/leave. We already have that problem with the gas station at the corner. People stop in the leftmost north bound lane of 235 to make a left turn across a double yellow line, two turn lanes and a southbound through lane. Always a great idea to stop in a 50MPH lane to make an illegal turn. I've had a northbound idiot swerve into the southbound turn lane to pass the illegal turn idiot on the left. Plus we have the idiots exiting the gas station making a left turn to go northbound on 235 - that means turning across three lanes of traffic and that same double yellow line into a 50MPH lane.

Idea to stop this crap - close the entrance/exit to the gas station on 235 and make everyone use the entrance/exit on Hermanville Road.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
Idea to stop this crap - close the entrance/exit to the gas station on 235 and make everyone use the entrance/exit on Hermanville Road.
Or... new zoning laws that say there cannot be a business within 100 feet of the intersection, and close them. Every gas station I know that's on an intersection causes major chaos and increases driver aggression.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
For your consideration ...

Just like the selfish idiots that leave the Wawa at 4 and 235 squeezing into between waiting cars at the red light when guilty feeling charitable people let then in, only to force their way into the left turn lane, or make that left turn in the thru lane, to go north on 235 causing many to sit through another red light cycle. And those the damn pansy azz drivers that allow these cretins to enter in the first place. Especially when there is high traffic volumes. That exit should be only a full right turn lane to travel south on 235, people can make a U-Turn later down the road or go though the Lowes center. Or an enter only with no exit.

OccamsRazor

For your consideration ...

Just like the selfish idiots that leave the Wawa at 4 and 235 squeezing into between waiting cars at the red light when guilty feeling charitable people let then in, only to force their way into the left turn lane, or make that left turn in the thru lane, to go north on 235 causing many to sit through another red light cycle. And those the damn pansy azz drivers that allow these cretins to enter in the first place. Especially when there is high traffic volumes. That exit should be only a full right turn lane to travel south on 235, people can make a U-Turn later down the road or go though the Lowes center. Or an enter only with no exit.
Check again. Both of those lanes are left turn lanes. Only the left-most lane is left turn only.

EDIT: Correction... confused with different intersection. LR is correct!

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
Check again. Both of those lanes are left turn lanes. Only the left-most lane is left turn only.

EDIT: Correction... confused with different intersection. LR is correct!
I was just about to educate you with pictures and diagrams and 8x10 glossies.....

DaSDGuy

I was just about to educate you with pictures and diagrams and 8x10 glossies.....
Twenty seven eight-by-ten color glossy photographs with circles and arrows and a paragraph on the back of each one explaining what each one was. Pictures of the approach, the getaway, the northwest corner the southwest corner and that's not to mention the aerial photography.

stgislander

PREMO Member
I keep my head on a swivel when I use this intersection because of all the accidents, but OR is correct. Visibility is not an issue.

It seems like we never receive a full accident reconstruction report after the fact. It would be nice to know what the vehicles were attempting to do and actually did to cause the accident.