People Can’t Drive!

3CATSAILOR

Here we go again - only about 3 miles from this morning’s accident.

Also it seems like a monthly occurance of cars going off the road and hitting something. Usually a tree. And then dead. Folks simply can't stay off the cell phones.

Reactions: TPD

3CATSAILOR

Here we go again - only about 3 miles from this morning’s accident.

Sooner or later, something is going to have to be done. Eventually, the pubic is going to demand action. Espeically when loved ones they know are injured or killed as a result of the on going horrific accidents throughout our County. And according to Baynet, TWO Sheriff's Units were taken out of commission by an accident of their own! Thankfully, the officers are okay. It was not stated on Baynet how the person is doing for the call they were responding to.

BernieP

Resident PIA
Funny reading this today. Coming west over St. Johns and then Hollywood Roads, I had a big ass black Armada crawl up my arse.
It got real bad when the speed limit dropped to 30. I thought I was going to get hit.

They pulled around my right hand side at the Rt 5 light - biatch had her pink phone to her ear and her lips moving at the speed of light.
Past the State Police Barracks and Sheriff's Office.
Speeding, tailgating and talking on the phone.

stgislander

PREMO Member
Funny reading this today. Coming west over St. Johns and then Hollywood Roads, I had a big ass black Armada crawl up my arse.
It got real bad when the speed limit dropped to 30. I thought I was going to get hit.

They pulled around my right hand side at the Rt 5 light - biatch had her pink phone to her ear and her lips moving at the speed of light.
And never a cop to be found.

glhs837

Power with Control

I mean when felons arrested with fentanyl and guns are released on recognizance same day, they aint worried about getting tickets.

eric14

Three Notch Road is a nightmare to drive on, and I almost wonder if the amount of traffic lights has anything to do with this...

3CATSAILOR

Three Notch Road is a nightmare to drive on, and I almost wonder if the amount of traffic lights has anything to do with this...
The lights on 235 turn red with NO traffic for no reason at all. It does the same at 3 AM with nothing around.

DaSDGuy

Not when it's 15+ traffic lights at intersections that should not have been built.

The entire stretch from 245 to 246 needs to be completely gutted and reworked.
Are you trying to justify running red lights because you are inconvenienced by having to stop? No wonder there are so many accidents at intersections - people who think they are above the law and are more important than anybody else.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Not when it's 15+ traffic lights at intersections that should not have been built.

The entire stretch from 245 to 246 needs to be completely gutted and reworked.
It needs to to go back to just two lanes and no stop lights. I liked it that way.

They never should have built the Rt5 bypass around Leonardtown either. I liked it better when all Rt 5 traffic had to wend its way slowly through the center of town. Better for businesses that way.

And when they went and paved the southern section of RT 242 to Colton's Point. What a waste of taxpayer money that was.

;)

Last edited:

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
Not really. Green means go, Red means stop. Always. Not a difficult concept.
Why can't we have normal lights, this crap of having to turn right and cut across three lanes of traffic to make a U turn instead of just having a traffic light that allows left turns is stupid.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Why can't we have normal lights, this crap of having to turn right and cut across three lanes of traffic to make a U turn instead of just having a traffic light that allows left turns is stupid.
Are you talking about coming out of the WaWa at Buck Hewitt?

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
yes, or leaving navy federal
The absolute best is in the afternoon heavy traffic and someone just HAS to push across all lanes effing it up for everyone else. Just go to San Souci and hang a dang U-turn. For NFCU I go back and exit by BWW. Easy peasy.

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
The absolute best is in the afternoon heavy traffic and someone just HAS to push across all lanes effing it up for everyone else. Just go to San Souci and hang a dang U-turn. For NFCU I go back and exit by BWW. Easy peasy.
Or make the light at Buck Hewitt a regular light and make a left at the light?

eric14

It needs to to go back to just two lanes and no stop lights. I liked it that way.
I don't recall there being no traffic lights in the 1990s but I know there wasn't a traffic light at St. John's Road and it was only two lanes initially. There were always traffic lights at the 235/4 and 235/944 (where Airport road is) intersections and probably a bunch over near the base.

Charlotte Hall's got the same problem just outside of Charles County. There's even a section where it's 40 MPH going east for some reason; same thing in Mechanicsville only it's 45 instead.

As for Leonardtown that part you mentioned I think was always there when I lived here before.

I've been to other places with stroads such as Burleson Texas and I don't remember having as many problems with them, though on the other hand I used to be near the interstates.

For the worst roads I've driven, none of them are in Maryland, closest to that was the old Potomac River bridge going into Dahlgren (drove it twice, and never went there again) and Three Notch Road.

Highway 67 south of St. Louis (Near De Soto) however is the worst road I've ever driven on and I only had to drive it once. Trying to get in and out of where I had to go on that road made me think I was going to feel what death and the afterlife were like because of how horribly designed it was!

glhs837

Power with Control
Sooner or later, something is going to have to be done. Eventually, the pubic is going to demand action. Espeically when loved ones they know are injured or killed as a result of the on going horrific accidents throughout our County. And according to Baynet, TWO Sheriff's Units were taken out of commission by an accident of their own! Thankfully, the officers are okay. It was not stated on Baynet how the person is doing for the call they were responding to.

You would think. But here's the thing. For whatever reason, its almost never identified as being caused by cell phones. We're now at about 1965 was with DUI regarding cell phones and driving. Its going to take the police positively identifying crashes due to cells. Which means forensic attention paid to what that phone was doing in those last seconds/minutes. Then the true damage this is causing can be told.

And then publishing that information. Public opprobrium for people who do this crap. If you saw someone swigging a bottle of Jack while driving, what would you do? When we reach that level with people texting or watching videos, thats when something happens.