People Need to Pay Attention

mAlice

professional daydreamer
You can't jump behind the wheel of your fancy pearl white Yukon, then put your brain on auto pilot. Not once, but twice, you had to leave your lane to avoid hitting me. There is a mile long line of traffic in front of me, stopping for the school bus, there's a pretty good chance, I'm going to stop, too. Dur.

Bay_Kat

Tropical
Talk about not paying attention. I was walking from my car to class yesterday and saw this girl pull out of her parking spot, she's talking on her cell phone, she also has a flat tire, I mean to the rim flat. She doesn't seem to notice, she's just chatting away on her phone and takes off down the highway, which is 60 mph and she was clearly doing almost that. I really hope she was calling a shop about her tire, but something tells me she didn't even notice the flat because she was so into her phone call. Seriously, people do need to pay attention, I see it all the time, they think their cars drive themselves.

KDENISE977

Speaking of brain dead, another pet peave. ATTN: DAY CARE MOMS/DADS, when you are picking up your small child, GET OFF THE PHONE !! and at 5:00, the busiest time of the day, GET OFF THE PHONE and move your car !!! Holding up everyone else coming and going becuase you're either sitting on your phone talking in front of the facility or attempting to back your oversized SUV out of the parking lot WHILE on the phone !! THIS MAKES YOU AN ####### !!

end of rant. (I think)

FED_UP

Speaking of brain dead, another pet peave. ATTN: DAY CARE MOMS/DADS, when you are picking up your small child, GET OFF THE PHONE !! and at 5:00, the busiest time of the day, GET OFF THE PHONE and move your car !!! Holding up everyone else coming and going becuase you're either sitting on your phone talking in front of the facility or attempting to back your oversized SUV out of the parking lot WHILE on the phone !! THIS MAKES YOU AN ####### !!

end of rant. (I think)

Sorry about that, but if the cops see me talking and driving I will get a ticket.

pelers

end of rant. (I think)

I hate this. Mine go to a home daycare and for awhile one of the moms would pull into the driveway and park dead center, right at the top so nobody else could get in.

:banghead:

GopherM

Darwin was right
That is as smart as the woman I saw the other day that got a cell phone call. She stopped dead in the street right in the middle of one of the two lanes in front of a T-intersection to take the call. There parking lots she could have pulled into as well as the shoulder. I was out walking when I saw this and she sat there for at least 2 minutes. I stopped watching her so I have no idea how long she continued to take up the lane. Fortunately it is not a heavily travelled street.

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
Sorry about that, but if the cops see me talking and driving I will get a ticket.

:smack: that's not the problem you dumb bytch.
When you're operating a 6,000 pound chunk of steel you're supposed to be paying attention to what you're doing and not yacking to another bimbo about what color eyeshade you're wearing

onebdzee

off the shelf
But I thought the new 'cell phone law' was supposed to eliminate this? :confused:

yea, like they care about the new law....

On my walk yesterday, I quit counting at 10 cars on Rt4 (5 of those were riding the white line, 1 almost hit me and the girl) between the church closet to the bridge and the new light (going towards 235) that the driver was talking on a phone

yea, like they care about the new law....

On my walk yesterday, I quit counting at 10 cars on Rt4 (5 of those were riding the white line, 1 almost hit me and the girl) between the church closet to the bridge and the new light (going towards 235) that the driver was talking on a phone

A bit off the subject, but if you are driving a school bus don't stop in the middle of my road, leave your light flashing red and chat with the lady that just put her kid on the bus. Why could I not a least get a go ahead at that point. Then she turns her lights off and I start to go....only to have have her turn left in front of me. No signal.

onebdzee

off the shelf
A bit off the subject, but if you are driving a school bus don't stop in the middle of my road, leave your light flashing red and chat with the lady that just put her kid on the bus. Why could I not a least get a go ahead at that point. Then she turns her lights off and I start to go....only to have have her turn left in front of me. No signal.

If it's the elementary bus, she doesn't stop at the stop sign by my house

PsyOps

Pixelated
Talk about not paying attention. I was walking from my car to class yesterday and saw this girl pull out of her parking spot, she's talking on her cell phone, she also has a flat tire, I mean to the rim flat. She doesn't seem to notice, she's just chatting away on her phone and takes off down the highway, which is 60 mph and she was clearly doing almost that. I really hope she was calling a shop about her tire, but something tells me she didn't even notice the flat because she was so into her phone call. Seriously, people do need to pay attention, I see it all the time, they think their cars drive themselves.

She was talking to Mr Tire.