People never cease to amaze me

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
But it's good to practice my "scroll on by" skills and not get sucked into commenting. This woman says:

Anyone full time camp with Great Danes? We have pulled to a permanent spot at a local campground for this year after our house burnt down until our modular is built. We have 2 young danes ages 6 months old male & a 9 month old female. They are currently having to stay with my in-laws but we desperately want to get them back with us. Our camper is a 2018 Keystone Hideout 31ft with no slide outs. We also have 3 kids... ages 12,6,&2. I know I may sound crazy for wanting to do this but my kids have lost so much, having their pups back with them would be fantastic but I also want to make sure it’s not too much on our Danes. They are used to full run of the house and free roaming our yard.

Recap: she wants to full time in a 31' RV with no slides, with 2 Great Danes and three kids. And PS, she wants the dogs to be able to roam free.....in a campground.

Nutters.

I don't care about her clown car, but that "free roaming" part got my attention because I HATE HATE HATE loose dogs shitting all over the place and going after other dogs.

PJay

She said it's what they are used to. I think she's worried about her pups and what to do. Poor lady, feel for them.

Some camps have fenced areas to run free. Hard to find though.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Some camps have fenced areas to run free. Hard to find though.

Especially for large dogs.

She doesn't say what the campground she's currently at has as a pet policy. What annoys me is that these people have giant dogs that don't fit comfortably in the motorhome with their 800 kids, so they leave them outside tied up all the time which is typically against campground rules.

One place we were at, there was an, um, altercation because these durhards left their three barking dogs tied up in the yard all the time and became confrontational when campground management informed them it was against the rules.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
My son and his girl have a GD (Gracie) who is the size of a small pony. This person of which you speak has issues if she thinks it would be okay to let 2 GDs roam.

PJay

800 kids..😂

Have you experienced neighbor's dog barking when they leave to run errands etc., yet? Always took mine with me so not to ruin someone's peace.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
800 kids..😂

Have you experienced neighbor's dog barking when they leave to run errands etc., yet? Always took mine with me so not to ruin someone's peace.

I'm somewhat deaf to dogs and children unless it's an unusual cry, like they're hurt or something. When I had my house the neighbor's dog used to bark constantly and it got to where I didn't even hear him anymore. My busybody concern is the welfare of the tied up animal.

Plus I'm being a busybody about 2 adults, 3 kids, and two Great Danes in a 31-footer with no slides. Yikes. But now that I've griped on here I'm good - I just wanted to gripe for a minute. :biggrin:

gemma_rae

Recap: she wants to full time in a 31' RV with no slides, with 2 Great Danes and three kids. And PS, she wants the dogs to be able to roam free.....in a campground.
I would tell her, "Don't be ridiculous Sweetie, the Danes will be much happier at your in-laws. What you really need to do is to adopt three Pit Bulls, one for each child, because it will help them adapt and embrace change and will also enhance the bonding experience inside the camper because pits love confined spaces".

frequentflier

happy to be living
I would be interested to know if the male and female are spayed and neutered. If not, there could be even more dogs in the future.