Pepper's closing

frequentflier

happy to be living
As many of you may know, Pepper's Pet Pantry in Solomons is closing. There is another pet store owner that was interested in taking over the space and buying left over inventory and shelving, tubs etc. which would have been great for me! The landlord, rather than giving him a great deal, is greedy and it appears they will now have an empty storefront. Starting rent at $5000 a month is unreasonable!
We have sold some of the commercial shelving but have much left over if anyone is interested. I need to hire a glass co and contractor to remove glass and three tubs. Any solid recommendations are appreciated.
I am obligated to pay the rent through the end of January. Though we planned to close the store some time in Dec, my Dad has been given one month to live and I will need to go to NY. I am not saying this for sympathy but rather that I feel a sense of urgency to get things done.
Please come to the store Mon-Sat 10-6 to see what's left. You can PM me, but know I won't have pictures of shelving, grids etc.
Thanks for reading this.

frequentflier

happy to be living
So the internet is down at my house or something is going on with my lap top so I will only have access to the forums when I am at the store.
What a wonderful day LOL

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
As many of you may know, Pepper's Pet Pantry in Solomons is closing. There is another pet store owner that was interested in taking over the space and buying left over inventory and shelving, tubs etc. which would have been great for me! The landlord, rather than giving him a great deal, is greedy and it appears they will now have an empty storefront. Starting rent at $5000 a month is unreasonable!
We have sold some of the commercial shelving but have much left over if anyone is interested. I need to hire a glass co and contractor to remove glass and three tubs. Any solid recommendations are appreciated.
I am obligated to pay the rent through the end of January. Though we planned to close the store some time in Dec, my Dad has been given one month to live and I will need to go to NY. I am not saying this for sympathy but rather that I feel a sense of urgency to get things done.
Please come to the store Mon-Sat 10-6 to see what's left. You can PM me, but know I won't have pictures of shelving, grids etc.
Thanks for reading this.

😥

On to bigger and better things, though. :yay: It's sad but I know you'll be fine.

CRHS89

Seems like that saying...when it rains it pours. So sorry to hear about your dad. Not that there ever is a good time, but gees, you sure have a lot on your plate already. Wishing you strength and peace. :huggy:

frequentflier

happy to be living
Yay, I fingered out the internet problem.
With the Covid restrictions and where my Dad is currently, I would not be allowed to visit him at the hospital. Though they are trying to kick him out and he just wants to go home to die. My step Mom said I would have to have a test here, quarantine three days, drive up and quarantine four more days. She has COPD and is susceptible. My step sister is a nurse so there would be no deviation from what would be expected from me. I would rather remember my Dad as the strong, capable man that he was than seeing him shriveled up and weak in a hospital bed.
Not meant to sound dramatic, but my trip to NY will be to lay him to rest.

Last edited:

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
With the Covid restrictions and where my Dad is currently, I would not be allowed to visit him at the hospital. Though they are trying to kick him out and he just wants to go home to die. My step Mom said I would have to have a test here, quarantine three days, drive up and quarantine four more days. She has COPD and is susceptible. My step sister is a nurse so there would be deviation from what would be expected from me. I would rather remember my Dad as the strong, capable man that he was than seeing him shriveled up and weak in a hospital bed.

Totally understandable in the circumstances. I know someone recently who had to coordinatethose types of visits and such, and it was a small nightmare. :yay:

luvmygdaughters

With the Covid restrictions and where my Dad is currently, I would not be allowed to visit him at the hospital. Though they are trying to kick him out and he just wants to go home to die. My step Mom said I would have to have a test here, quarantine three days, drive up and quarantine four more days. She has COPD and is susceptible. My step sister is a nurse so there would be no deviation from what would be expected from me. I would rather remember my Dad as the strong, capable man that he was than seeing him shriveled up and weak in a hospital bed.
So sorry to hear this FF. I agree with remembering your father the way he was, not the way he is now. My father was always my hero and thats the way I'll always remember him. Good Luck to you in any future endeavors that you may embark on!!