Perceptions and misconceptions

PJay

What do the animals think of this plan?

Your question to Vrai reminded me of our little one. All she has known is RV living, so she's use to being close to us at all times. Her first experience in a house we were in was funny because when I was at one end of the house and SO at the other end she kept running back and forth from his location to my location. She likes it best when we're all together so she can keep her eyes on us.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
I'm excited for you! This lifestyle most certainly fits the both of you and there is zero doubt in my mind that you two will make the best of it and thrive off of it.

People are of different mind sets as to what makes them feel secure and content. Me personally... I love traveling and staying at resorts or quality hotels and rarely am convinced to camp or RV though many in my extended family do it all the time. My kids love it so I send them to camp and RV with family. If I can book a hotel or resort nearby then there's a better chance I'll participate... :lol:

You know, I mentioned in the other tread about being more impressed with it NOW, than I was at first. FH would do it in a minute! I definitely DO like to travel, but I don't like tent camping anymore. I was a Navy Brat and thought I would always want to stay put when I got married and had kids. Well, I got divorced, moved back to Southern Maryland and now my kids are grown. My own family (brother, nieces, aunt & uncles) is actually very small and they do not even live in Maryland. I wouldn't mind giving the whole thing a try. :yay: I don't think I would mind an RV with a little room in it, but I don't have the bucks to dish out on the Taj Majal of RV's. I'm not in a situation where I could do it full time, but I think in a few years, I would be interested in doing an RV type of trip. To see how it would go.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
I think this is a wonderful move for you two!!! :clap: I'm not sure if I could cut all ties with a home base or not, but I am very excited about seeing the country "through your eyes!!!" And, I know for a fact that "beanies and weenies with a side of s'mores" is not going to be your staple diet!! I've been fortunate enough to sample your "camp" fare! :drool:

:yay:

PJay

My husband and I had this conversation when I decided to binge watch various shows on tiny houses/tiny living last year. I completely get the concept and understand why people choose to live a much more simple life. You are not tied down to one location and stuck having to consider a wide range of problems, like selling a house, when deciding to move to another area. Instead, you pack up your home on wheels and move. Of course, you have to be creative so it feels like a home with proper storage but it is doable when you have a couple completely on board. At first, my husband was screaming "no way," but after seeing various shows and interviews, he does see how others do it and completely understands why. I just don't know if he could downsize. I actually have zero problem being light on material things. I have seen what that sort of attachment does to people and cannot help but scratch my head and think how they will never be able to take it all with them.

My father-in-law wanted to do this but my mother-in-law wouldn't let go of those material things to allow that life style. It does require a change and I just, even after heavy consideration, don't see the different between a tiny house living and RV living. I would actually prefer the RV.

I think what you both are doing is pretty great. :yay:

I still have material things, just not as much. Learning less is best took time. The times when we think about if it is time to give home ownership a try again, I sorta cringe because I've got use to the less to take of. Cleaning is fast!

PJay

You know, I mentioned in the other tread about being more impressed with it NOW, than I was at first. FH would do it in a minute! I definitely DO like to travel, but I don't like tent camping anymore. I was a Navy Brat and thought I would always want to stay put when I got married and had kids. Well, I got divorced, moved back to Southern Maryland and now my kids are grown. My own family (brother, nieces, aunt & uncles) is actually very small and they do not even live in Maryland. I wouldn't mind giving the whole thing a try. :yay: I don't think I would mind an RV with a little room in it, but I don't have the bucks to dish out on the Taj Majal of RV's. I'm not in a situation where I could do it full time, but I think in a few years, I would be interested in doing an RV type of trip. To see how it would go.

Sounds like a good plan. You may find you like it.