Perch in the Pax

lovinmaryland

I just catch a smaller fish (like a spot or something) and use that for bait. My boys clean up on perch that way. I like to let them use those cheap double hook concotion things you get at wal mart for like a buck... they get a thrill out of catching 2 fish at once :wink:

wollybugger

if you wont to catch yellow perch up buy waysons the best thing to use is a double boddum rig that you can find at boaters world or eny takle place and the best thing to use on the double bottum rig is blood worms theres also a thing called fake blood worms thay come in a little packit at boaters world and it about 7 to 8 dollers but it really worth it. and if you want to catch white perch casting you can use a beatle pin with a small rod its fun and there agresive little fish

Bushy23

It would have to be white perch now. Use the top and bottom rigs as mentioned. Add some number 4 long shank hooks and use nightcrawlers or bloodworms as bait. Add a ounce sinker and fish away. Just go there and observe what everyone else is doing. You can also try a small beetle spin if you would rather cast lures.

JoeMac

Nightcrawlers work good too. Lets not forget the infamous beetle spin. They are cheap and you can really clean up on the perch. I have only ever used these for white perch, but I am sure they will work on yellow perch as well, even though their spring spawning run is over.