Period reality shows

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
We just started watching Colonial House. If you are unfamiliar with the concept, they take modern people and try to put them in a historical setting. In order to see how 21st century people function in a different time. This is the 3rd such show we've watched. The other 2 being Frontier House and Texas Ranch House. I enjoy the idea and in some form wish I had done 1 of them.

But in every show there's always someone or 1 family that is always trying to bend the rules. My understanding is that they agree to do this. But once on the sight, they start complaining about what they won't do. In the colonial setting women had to have their heads covered. They are expected to attend a religious service weekly. Little by little they stop doing what they agreed to do or openly complain about the rules. If you didn't want to abide by the agreement, don't go on the show.

In the first episode you get a look at the people in their modern lives. I'm sure they are picked to some degree for the skill set they have. In this show 1 of the guys is a builder by trade and it comes in handy when they have to construct a home for 1 of the newly arriving families. Frontier House had 2 members that were openly hostile to each other. So far 4 hours into this show that isn't evident but many complain on camera that so and so is getting on their nerves.

I love the concept of these shows and hope they end up making a lot more of these. It's interesting to watch the development of the characters over time.

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
We just started watching Colonial House. If you are unfamiliar with the concept, they take modern people and try to put them in a historical setting. In order to see how 21st century people function in a different time. This is the 3rd such show we've watched. The other 2 being Frontier House and Texas Ranch House. I enjoy the idea and in some form wish I had done 1 of them.

But in every show there's always someone or 1 family that is always trying to bend the rules. My understanding is that they agree to do this. But once on the sight, they start complaining about what they won't do. In the colonial setting women had to have their heads covered. They are expected to attend a religious service weekly. Little by little they stop doing what they agreed to do or openly complain about the rules. If you didn't want to abide by the agreement, don't go on the show.

In the first episode you get a look at the people in their modern lives. I'm sure they are picked to some degree for the skill set they have. In this show 1 of the guys is a builder by trade and it comes in handy when they have to construct a home for 1 of the newly arriving families. Frontier House had 2 members that were openly hostile to each other. So far 4 hours into this show that isn't evident but many complain on camera that so and so is getting on their nerves.

I love the concept of these shows and hope they end up making a lot more of these. It's interesting to watch the development of the characters over time.

Probably looking for their 15 minutes of fame and then hoping to carry it over once the show is done.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
As reality tv goes, they're better than most, but still end up having the same type's that are on all the other reality crap tv shows. Good concept, though. It would have worked in the '60's.