perm

Bibliophilic

Hi everyone. :howdy: I have short layered hair -- probably the shortest layer is about 2-3 inches long. I am trying to grow it out but I swear, it is getting flatter and flatter by the minute so I was thinking of a body wave perm. But I am not sure who to go to. Any suggestions? The chick who cuts my hair now does a decent job but I am scared when it comes to a perm. I do not want to end up with an afro...LOL! Help!

angelbaby

Hi everyone. :howdy: I have short layered hair -- probably the shortest layer is about 2-3 inches long. I am trying to grow it out but I swear, it is getting flatter and flatter by the minute so I was thinking of a body wave perm. But I am not sure who to go to. Any suggestions? The chick who cuts my hair now does a decent job but I am scared when it comes to a perm. I do not want to end up with an afro...LOL! Help!

Just tell her you want a body wave. The larger the rod, the larger the curl or wave will be. Find a picture of what you like and show it to her.

Roxie04

I would stay away from a perm. They are horrible for the hair. And with that length of hair even the biggest rod they put in will come out to curly. I really do no think you will be happy. As your layers grow out your hair will get heavier causing it to go flat, nothing you can do to change that. Have your stylist show you some new ways of styling it while it grows out. The worst thing about a perm..........it's PERMANENT!!!!

tygrace

Go to Angel at Michelangelos by Jake and Al's (by the Lusby post office). She's excellent, but you better hurry because she's going on maternity leave.

angelbaby

Thanks -- any suggestions as to who to go to?

See Lashawn at the Haircuttery by Target. :yay:

I would stay away from a perm. They are horrible for the hair. And with that length of hair even the biggest rod they put in will come out to curly. I really do no think you will be happy. As your layers grow out your hair will get heavier causing it to go flat, nothing you can do to change that. Have your stylist show you some new ways of styling it while it grows out. The worst thing about a perm..........it's PERMANENT!!!!

I personally try to steer my clients away from perms. IMHO, Highlights will give you just as much body and volume.

aliceheimer

See Lashawn at the Haircuttery by Target. :yay:

I personally try to steer my clients away from perms. IMHO, Highlights will give you just as much body and volume.

I totally agree! Perms do so much damage. Color or hi-lights will give you body during that grow out process. Renee at the New You (PF) is good with color and highlights. She perms the heck out of her hair :shrug:but it always looks healthy!