Perm

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
I know I can't wash my new perm for 48 hrs but can I get it wet? I just want to wet it in the shower tonight to put some curl back in it. The stylist blew out the front/top so the back is really curly and the rest is not so curly. Can I get it wet (without using shampoo) or would it ruin it?

HappyCats

I know I can't wash my new perm for 48 hrs but can I get it wet? I just want to wet it in the shower tonight to put some curl back in it. The stylist blew out the front/top so the back is really curly and the rest is not so curly. Can I get it wet (without using shampoo) or would it ruin it?

I've always washed out mine with Shampoo... but if you nervous, you can at least get it wet.

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
I've always washed out mine with Shampoo... but if you nervous, you can at least get it wet.

I don't want to wash it out. I just want to get it wet so I can let it air-dry to curl back up. I guess I'll just wait the 48hrs and not take the chance of screwing it up.

devenny99

I always wet mine either the night of the perm or the next AM. Never any problems.. Just make sure you don't get any soap like around your face or on the back of the neck (I've made that mistake and iti sort of takes some of the curl out).

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
I ended up spritzing some water on it just to bring back some of the curl. I may wet it in the shower tonight.

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
Just a wrning wetting it in the shower will bring out the perm smell even more so it may stink a bit.

I could smell it on my pillow this morning when I got up. But even just spritzing it helped the curls bounce back.

nana

Nana
You can get it wet and condition it
Some will even say wash it after 24 hours but I am a firm believer the longer you wait the better the result

angelbaby

If your stylist rinses out the solution properly then you will not smell perm at all. Perm solution should be rinsed for at least 5 mins. minimum.