Permanent Cosmetics

Daffy

Hi there! Anyone know of a place in Southern MD that does permanent cosmetics? All I find on the web are up North (DC, Columbia, etc.). Thanks for your help! :flowers:

mAlice

professional daydreamer
You mean cosmetic ink? I don't know anyone locally, but I have a friend who has had some work done in Annapolis, and is looking at someone else, also in Annapolis. You may want to check around there.

sanchezf

Little ol' Me
There is a tanning place at the top end of Rt 925 between the sheriffs office and Ken Dixion that has a lady who does permanent cosmetics. From what I understand she does a wonderful job and has been doing it for many years, I saw a lady there one day who had just got her eyeliner done and it looked very nice.

greyhound

There is a lady in Waldorf...She also has an office in Dupont Circle. Three friends have used her with good results.

Darn, I can't remember her name. I'll get back to you with her name.

Daffy

Thanks all for your help, I really appreciate it. I have a friend who had it done out of state and it looks fabulous so I thought I'd give it a try but couldn't find anyone listed that was reasonably close. Thanks again!

watercolor

yeah yeah
Is it completely permenant, and or do you have to get it retouched every so often? I didnt know if it was like botox or something where you need to get injections every so often when the muscles relax...which I guess in this case would be when the skin relaxs or is in the sun/winter weather. Just curious on how it works and all.

Nanny Pam

I wonder how bad it hurts? I'd like to have it done. I have 2 tats, but I wonder about this.
:I'masissy:

Nanny Pam said:
I wonder how bad it hurts? I'd like to have it done. I have 2 tats, but I wonder about this.
:I'masissy:
Let's think about this... doesn't ink "travel" over the years? Take a close-up look at your eyelids. I'll bet the skin is softer, more transparent, and more lines than it was a few years ago. Imagine if you had inked that skin a couple decade ago... I'm thinking a tattooed eyeliner line isn't going to really hold up that well over time. :ohwell:

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
kwillia said:
Let's think about this... doesn't ink "travel" over the years? Take a close-up look at your eyelids. I'll bet the skin is softer, more transparent, and more lines than it was a few years ago. Imagine if you had inked that skin a couple decade ago... I'm thinking a tattooed eyeliner line isn't going to really hold up that well over time. :ohwell:

My grandmother had hers done probably 5 years ago and looks great.

pixiegirl said:
My grandmother had hers done probably 5 years ago and looks great.
I guess I'm pondering this from the perspective of someone in their 20s, 30s, or even 40s... I've yet to see a tattoo that looks great a few decades out...:shrug:

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
kwillia said:
I guess I'm pondering this from the perspective of someone in their 20s, 30s, or even 40s... I've yet to see a tattoo that looks great a few decades out...:shrug:

But the ink doesn't travel the skin does. If you get a slight eyeliner it would always appear as such. My mom has her lip liner and her eyebrows done. She literally lost her eyebrows with HRT. While they look better tattooed than with nothing it still looks very fake. Her lips look good though.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
pixiegirl said:
But the ink doesn't travel the skin does. If you get a slight eyeliner it would always appear as such. My mom has her lip liner and her eyebrows done. She literally lost her eyebrows with HRT. While they look better tattooed than with nothing it still looks very fake. Her lips look good though.

I have a friend who has her eyebrows and liner inked on. The eyebrows look very natural, and the liner is a very fine line and looks as if it would wash off at the end of the day. She's 62.

Daffy

watercolor said:
Is it completely permenant, and or do you have to get it retouched every so often? I didnt know if it was like botox or something where you need to get injections every so often when the muscles relax...which I guess in this case would be when the skin relaxs or is in the sun/winter weather. Just curious on how it works and all.

It isn't completely permanent because they only do the top couple layers of skin. They say that everyone is defferent but expect to have it redone in 4-5 years. My girlfriend had hers done about 7 years ago and hasn't needed a touch-up yet.

I'm told that it doesn't hurt because they don't use needles, it's a small tool that vibrates and makes slight punctures of the skin. Supposedly all you feel is the vibration.

I'd like to have eyliner done, mostly because I can't put it on worht a damn. :lmao: If that works out well I'll think about the other areas.