Perseid Meteor Shower

MikeyBash

Anybody going out to see the meteor shower tonight? It's supposed to peak between midnight and about 5 AM. The weather looks pretty clear, I think i'm gonna go find a really dark spot and keep watching the skies.

MikeyBash

i might...it's mostly luck...you have to be pointing the camera at the right spot at the right time...maybe i'll just leave the camera at home and enjoy it for the moment. pictures never really capture the feeling of seeing it live.

do you have a really dark place to watch?

B

baswm

I may go out and see if I can see any. :) If so, I will go to one of the schools athletic fields where there is no lights to disrupt my viewing pleasure. :yay:

hvp05

Methodically disorganized
I have a good spot for photos, but being there at certain hours may be... suspicious. :whistle:

The peak hours for this show are in the daylight morning. :yawn: I think I'll wait for the Leonids.

tlatchaw

Not dead yet.
MikeyBash said:
Anybody going out to see the meteor shower tonight? It's supposed to peak between midnight and about 5 AM. The weather looks pretty clear, I think i'm gonna go find a really dark spot and keep watching the skies.
Last time I caught the Persieds I had been at a field party for a few days and was up late. So maybe it wasn't meteors I was seeing!

T

tikipirate

Just came in from the beach. I saw two meteors that looked as bright and close as a cigarette being tossed out of a car window. But just two.

More fascinating... An aircraft at altitude selected strobes for 5 flashes and then secured them. :confused: Odd bodkins. Reminds me of stuff I've seen in the desert late at night.