Pesticides may be linked to Autism

Will there be a big stink over this?

• No, people take vaccinating more seriously

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • No, the results will not be publicized as much.

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • No, people just won't care in general.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, this is an important finding.

Votes: 2 40.0%

• Total voters

mudpuddle

A study was done:

"They found pregnant women who lived within a mile of an area treated with three different types of pesticides were at a two-thirds higher risk of having a child with ASD or developmental delays. These pesticide-treated areas included parks, golf courses, pastures and roadsides. "

http://thechart.blogs.cnn.com/2014/...egnancy-may-increase-autism-risk/?hpt=hp_bn13

So the question is:
Will you hear a big uproar about it as you have with them trying to link immunizations (vaccinations) with Autism?

mudpuddle

Not many "views" of this thread so far...that alone tells me that people are not even interested in reading about it...

MarieB

Perhaps because its in the survey forum? I rarely look here and just noticed it

Like the article stated at this point there is association and not cause, but to see playgrounds pop up on that list makes you wonder what they are spraying around playgrounds and what if anything it does to older kids too

Roman

I think genetics also plays a role. But I am convinced that the Immunizations play a big part of the role. In the first few months of a child's life, they get up to four shots at a time, and for an infant, that's a lot. If my Child were not in Day Care, I would stagger the Immunizations.

V

veritas

I believe pesticides may be a cause of Alzheimer's as well. Someone I knew well, and who passed on the year before last, was raised on a successful tomato farm in the 1920's through the 1940's. One of 11 children, she along with her brothers and sisters who worked in the fields all developed Dementia later in life, while those sisters who worked in the house doing more domestic types of chores, and the brother who worked primarily in the barn area did not develop Alzheimers. Crop dusting was the primary mode of DDT pesticide application.

Here is one of many brief news articles on the subject.
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-01-27/pesticide-ddt-linked-to-heightened-alzheimer-s-risk.html

C

czygvtwkr

Nothing like a poll on the internet to get to the bottom of it

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Poll was missing.. like vaccinations causing Autism, the unintelligent and just plain stupid will read this and make it a big deal.. regardless how much this is untrue and unproven.

Morons and their vaccination/autism connection have put the current generation's kids at risk.. so why should they stop there? Make pesticides illegal and put our food sources at risk too..

V

veritas

Poll was missing.. like vaccinations causing Autism, the unintelligent and just plain stupid will read this and make it a big deal.. regardless how much this is untrue and unproven.

Morons and their vaccination/autism connection have put the current generation's kids at risk.. so why should they stop there? Make pesticides illegal and put our food sources at risk too..

I am not anti-pesticide. I AM anti-stand-in-the-field-and-let-the-chemicals-saturate-you-while-you-work :buddies:

acommondisaster

So far I've heard it's vaccinations, older fathers, pesticides, diesel exhaust, and plastic products that cause autism. Seems like no one knows what causes this heartbreaking disability.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member

:yay:

Bann

PREMO Member
I think that is true of many illnesses--especially cancer!

...with all due respect to you, Autism is not an illness or a disease. It is a neuro developmental disorder. A disorder of brain development.

Autism Spectrum Disorder (or ASD) is a general term used to describe a group of complex developmental brain disorders known as Pervasive Developmental Disorders (PDD).

If you would like to learn more, here are a few links:
http://www.thearc.org/learn-about/autism

http://www.autismspeaks.org/what-autism

Bann

PREMO Member
you are right, of course.. I should not have grouped it with illnesses...I apologize if I have offended anyone!

No worries - no offense taken! I only meant to educate, as many people are not aware. :buddies: