Pet owner enrages family with ‘uncomfortable’ name for dog: ‘I don’t think I did anything wrong’

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
A pet owner can’t believe his sister is mad that his dog has the same name as her new boyfriend.

He shared the situation on Reddit’s “Am I the A**” forum. His dog was named long before his sister Sarah met her boyfriend. It was a mere coincidence that they shared the same name. But when the boyfriend found out, he and Sarah became furious.

“I’ve always thought it’s funny when dogs have human names,” he said.

“Much more amusing to me than giving them obvious dog names. Never had an issue with Brad’s name being what it is until recently. My sister got a new boyfriend, and I’m sure you can see where this is going. I don’t think I even have to say his name. Well, my sister came over the other day with him, and we met for the first time. Everything was all fine and good until he asked what my dog’s name was. I laughed a little and said that his name was also Brad.”

But the human Brad was not too keen on the dog having the same name.

“He looked at me for a second and asked if I was joking or not, and I told him no, his name is actually Brad,” he explained. “After that, his whole mood flipped, and the remainder of the visit just had an uncomfortable vibe. A while after they left, my sister called me and started berating me for ‘disrespecting her boyfriend.’

I'd have had fun with this and told him, "well since the dog has been Brad for so long, he's not going to understand changing his name at this point, so why don't we just change yours to Dumbass?" :jet:

Tech

True story! I once knew someone who named her dog Arf. It was cute until it got loose and she ran after it calling it's name...
Dennis Leary has a bit like this about the time his kids got a dog. He named it so when it gets out he not walking around the neighborhood yelling princess.

black dog

Free America
A family friend named their dog “Stella”. It’s awesome. Guess the owner’s name :)
One of my sisters husbands name is Claude, i've never liked him. I've called him Clyde now for 8-9 years. He keeps trying to correct me until the booze kicks in.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
A pet owner can’t believe his sister is mad that his dog has the same name as her new boyfriend.

Since the dog was around before the boyfriend, my take is that he has the same name as the dog. The sister almost certainly knew the dog's name, and chose to date a guy who was named after the dog. Maybe she has a thing, who knows.

If it were me I'd say the human Brad either has to change his name or get lost. Dog was here first.

black dog

Free America
How many husbands does she have?

Holy sh!t wait till you read that pm.