Pete Buttigieg: Gun Control ‘Compatible with the Second Amendment’

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Like you, I come from a place where gun rights are taken very seriously, and that’s okay. The reality is, that the gun safety measures we’re calling for are completely compatible with the Second Amendment and, by the way, are widely popular.
Buttigieg then listed gun controls he supports. Those include criminalizing private gun sales via universal background checks and implementing policies pushed by Michael Bloomberg’s Mayors Against Illegal Guns, a gun control group of which Buttigieg is a member.

He also used the Obama-era moniker of “weapons of war” to describe certain commonly owned semiautomatic rifles and said, “There are some weapons that don’t belong in our neighborhoods in peacetime in America.” He suggested we already know that banning such firearms is compatible with the Second Amendment; that “we’ve already decided that somewhere between a sling shot and a nuclear weapon we can draw a line.”

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/...control-compatible-with-the-second-amendment/

Weapons Of War .. :killingme

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Why do all those idiots keep repeating that lie?....do they think repeating it often enough will make it true?

SamSpade

I can't keep from rolling my eyes when I hear "the American people" and "widely popular" and such sort of vague generalizations when it comes to whether a policy should be adopted - because I then find out that the stats really don't line up.

Remember when I've said repeatedly, the left's behavior regarding all of their major issues aligns almost perfectly with cultic religion? That opponents are evil, don't listen to heretics, everyone parrots the same lines, authority only comes from their leaders and so on?

A common similarity comes from cultic leadership - when declaring what God wants, or God has commanded, using some pretzel logic or Biblical isogesis - they find almost miraculously that God always agrees with THEIR pre-existing opinion. When I was in a cult, it drove me crazy that I'd hear some idiot argument for years, and somehow it was "proved" that God agreed with it.

Politicians do it a lot, and lefties do it daily (that could be a bumper sticker).

Midnightrider

Buttigieg then listed gun controls he supports. Those include criminalizing private gun sales via universal background checks and implementing policies pushed by Michael Bloomberg’s Mayors Against Illegal Guns, a gun control group of which Buttigieg is a member.

He also used the Obama-era moniker of “weapons of war” to describe certain commonly owned semiautomatic rifles and said, “There are some weapons that don’t belong in our neighborhoods in peacetime in America.” He suggested we already know that banning such firearms is compatible with the Second Amendment; that “we’ve already decided that somewhere between a sling shot and a nuclear weapon we can draw a line.”

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/...control-compatible-with-the-second-amendment/

Weapons Of War .. :killingme
how does a universal background check criminalize private sales? We have new gun BCs and new sales are not criminal.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
I can't keep from rolling my eyes when I hear "the American people" and "widely popular"

https://www.pollingreport.com/guns.htm

"As you may know, the U.S. House of Representatives has passed a bill that would require background checks on all gun sales, including those at gun shows and through online retailers. Do you support or oppose this bill?"

Support
Oppose
Unsure/
No answer
%​
%​
%​
3/1-4/19​
86​
12​
3​
Republicans​
80​
17​
4​
Democrats​
97​
2​
-​
Independents​
86​
12​
2​

What they are really talking about are PRIVATE Party Sales ... but they don't say that

ONLINE and Gun Show Sales from gun dealers require a FFL Transfer / back ground check .....

Mass Shooters are not buying there weapons from Private Citizen Sales ..... and Criminals not going to go to an FFL for a background check on his Homey before selling him that GAT

A couple of mass shooters -n Columbine and San Bernidino used had someone else purchase the weapons and Lanze shot his mother before stealing teh weapons he used - so tell me how 'Universal Background Checks' solve these problems

Midnightrider

yeah dick head ... if you are talking about me trying to be all edgy and insulting

YOU are on IGNORE .. meaning your messages NEVER Show up dumb ass
for someone who claims to have me on ignore you sure do get your panties all wet when i talk about you.

Now back to mommys basement where you belong

Yooper

Up. Identified. Lase. Fire. On the way.
Just sayin'

#OldieButGoodie

--- End of line (MCP)

BOP

Following President Barack Obama’s announcement earlier this week of a series of executive actions aimed at curbing gun violence, sales of firearms spiked in towns across the United States. Gun shops in numerous states including Montana, Utah and Maine all reported a recent increase in gun sales amid talks of tighter gun regulations, with one gun shop owner in Chattanooga, Tennessee, going so far as to to dubb Obama the "gun salesman of the year. "
"He's the salesman of the year," said Amiee Smith, the co-owner of the Shooters Depot in Chattanooga, timefreepress.com reported. "It's true. Every time he opens his mouth, he drives up sales — which is probably the exact opposite of what he wants."

Attachments

• obama gun sales.jpg
    obama gun sales.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 402