Petruzzi's

rwethereyet

Yeah, okay.
Looks like it closed up. Never had a decent meal in there anyway, but I did enjoy going to the bar there.

Wonder if someone else will take it and do something with the building now.

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
Yes, it's becoming...an IRISH pub. Really. :dance:

I'm very excited. They've knocked down walls, are going to expand the bar, already have their menu designed, etc. They plan on having music and more. I'm really truly overly excited about this. I forgot the name they will be opening with, but the owner truly is Irish.

I believe they are looking at being open in 6 to 8 weeks.

Pete

Repete

I'm very excited. They've knocked down walls, are going to expand the bar, already have their menu designed, etc. They plan on having music and more. I'm really truly overly excited about this. I forgot the name they will be opening with, but the owner truly is Irish.

O'Petruzzi's?

nachomama

All Up In Your Grill

McLovin's? :shrug:

I was thinking we could buy it and finally open up The Space Bar. :ohwell:

rwethereyet

Yeah, okay.

Who bought the place? An Irish Pub might be nice. I know the pub in Leonardtown does a good business and is always crowded.

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
Who bought the place? An Irish Pub might be nice. I know the pub in Leonardtown does a good business and is always crowded.

Well I'm not posting the gentleman's name on a public forum, but he's Irish, and plans on running the place like a genuine pub, complete with a measurement system for drafts and shots. I'm really excited about the whole thing.

Like I said, I can't remember the name of the pub, but I am sure we'll hear more about it later from folks with more connections than I. :smile:

I really am looking forward to it. It'll be out of my way, but worth it.

lovinmaryland

:yahoo:

That is great!!!

It's not like Italian is that complex. I can't recall a place thet could screw up noodles before I tried Petruzzi's.

I've been to one other local place that had really really really really bad noodles, not just screwed up. I'll still eat there, but just won't order pasta again.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I would have gladly settled for frozen ravioli over what they served me once and I am typically not a complainer.

I told them to hold the pepper in a dish I ordered. Sent it out COVERED in pepper. I sent it back, I could not even attempt to eat it.

Pete

Repete
I've been to one other local place that had really really really really bad noodles, not just screwed up. I'll still eat there, but just won't order pasta again.

If Chef Boy R Dee can make a damn noodle and put it in a can for 9 months before someone eats it, you would think an "Italian restaurant" could make an edible noodle. :lmao:

lovinmaryland

Italian cuisine (most of it anyways) is pretty easy to replicate at home so I rarely go out for italian... if we do it is usually to Maggiano's :shrug:

C

citizen_fear

Well I'm not posting the gentleman's name on a public forum, but he's Irish, and plans on running the place like a genuine pub, complete with a measurement system for drafts and shots. I'm really excited about the whole thing.

Like I said, I can't remember the name of the pub, but I am sure we'll hear more about it later from folks with more connections than I. :smile:

I really am looking forward to it. It'll be out of my way, but worth it.

O'Danny Boys?