#pewpew

black dog

Free America
With today's bullet technology you are giving up nothing by carrying a 9mm auto. Plus the advantage of having more rounds in the same space.
I also would bet that if you carry a 1911 around for a few weeks you will change to a more modern automatic that much more comfortable to carry and is easier to deploy when needed than a 1911 in condition one.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
So, quick review. Great course. Amount of stuff that I already knew less than %20, and even that was spread out. Tons of good info, I had never had that sort of instruction regarding grip and stance, nor one on one instruction in the same with correction offered immediately. Not just explanations of what to do, but along with solid reasons as to why these methods were what they believed were best and examples showing why. I will be taking more classes with them, most likely intermediate pistol and either CCW and/or Home Defense. Evidently you need 16 hours of instruction for a CCW. Also decided that I wont decide on what handgun I want until after the range stands up and I can spend some time with a variety of examples. "Paper" analysis has me leaning towards a Ruger SR1911 LIghtweight Commander. Todays work with the 9mm still has me thinking that a .45 might still be where I'm at.
Aren't they great? I've gone through handgun courses before but the Thomas's knock it out of the park. Did you get your membership yet?...wife and I did.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
With today's bullet technology you are giving up nothing by carrying a 9mm auto. Plus the advantage of having more rounds in the same space.
I also would bet that if you carry a 1911 around for a few weeks you will change to a more modern automatic that much more comfortable to carry and is easier to deploy when needed than a 1911 in condition one.
My smallest carry weapon is a bit unusual by most folks standards...an M57 Zastava in 7.62x25. It's fairly compact and so very thin (single stack) and yet still packs a punch; those 7.62 rounds have a very high velocity. I have a 4" Kimber 1911 CDP too, but I prefer the M57 for every day carry.

My Springfield 1911 is my favorite shooter but too darned big to lug around on my hip concealed.

glhs837

Power with Control
I do get those points, like I get the advantage of a modern automatic transmission. Although at 30oz, the LW SR1911 isn't that heavy
Aren't they great? I've gone through handgun courses before but the Thomas's knock it out of the park. Did you get your membership yet?...wife and I did.

Yep, sure did. BD, I understand those points. Not sure I am going to carry it. Or anything yet. But I want to make sure I have the capability to, if I can weave through the MD process. But here's one point. Easier to get the $800 SR 1911 LW Commander, weight 30oz, and then need to get a lighter $400 weapon to carry than go the other way around :)

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
My two favorites are my 1911 GSR and my Sig P226 and are both the most accurate semi's I own.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
My two favorites are my 1911 GSR and my Sig P226 and are both the most accurate semi's I own.
My SA 26 is the most accurate pistol I own...but I can't find a holster to carry the damned thing in. ;-p

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
It's tough to pull a front grip through a Mexican loop...
Actually..I did find a holster that fit it. Off an Airsoft site..LMAO...for an Airsoft Uzi... ;-) It's a little on the conspicuous side though...kinda shouts "Anyone seen John McClane?..Ahma lookin' fer 'im.."