Result Cmp Att %Yds TDIntRate

<tbody>
</tbody>

11-13-059893563.966800382488.5

<tfoot>
</tfoot>

b23hqb

PREMO Member
There's now a reason for that unremarkable last few games: A report just came out the he played with a torn quad in his right leg the last month of the season.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/201...ncos-played-torn-right-quad-last-month-season

And check this chart out about every NFL QB in the playoffs, and look at winn %, including Trent Dilfer, who I really liked here in TB:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NFL_starting_quarterback_playoff_records

Heck, anybody try and play through that kind of injury without losing a step or two at any age in any sport. The Broncos still knew their best shot was with Manning.

Not to say anything bad about the NFL's top rated D in the Broncos laying a big egg against Indy, which has only two top notch offensive players in Luck and Hilton, no running game, etc.........

Yeah, Manning just sucks in the playoffs with ordinary teams against the best the league has to offer......

Seeing that Manning is tied with Favre for 2nd all time with 24 playoff games started, behind only Tom Teriffic.....

Just sucks to be him, I guess.

I am not a Manning apologist in anyone's wildest thoughts. I'm a realist, a fan of the game the last 50 years as an observer. I never liked Favre, either, but I admire what he and Manning have done with their respective teams through their careers.

Last edited:

SG_Player1974

Another famous quarterback's stats... and he is in the Hall right now:

Record: 8-10-0
Pass Attempts:687
Pass Completions: 385
Completion Percentage:56.04
Yards: 4510
TDs:32
Ints: 24
QBR:77.1

This guy was great during the regular season too........ did I mention he is in the Hall of Fame and considered to be one of the best?

BTW... this QB NEVER won a SuperBowl :whistle:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
The reality is that defense is the difference.

Elway, Marino, Montana, Brady, Eli, the Steelers, Cowboys, you name it; a great D is mandatory. Peyton's one SB win was with a very, very good D that year.

SG_Player1974

The reality is that defense is the difference.

Elway, Marino, Montana, Brady, Eli, the Steelers, Cowboys, you name it; a great D is mandatory. Peyton's one SB win was with a very, very good D that year.

Don't forget Dilfer! Ravens 2000 won the entire season through the SB with their defense.

As the saying goes.... Offense sells tickets. Defense wins SuperBowls!

Yeah the D looked pretty crappy too, but holding them to 24 should have been good enough.

Some of the O calling was bad too. Throw to a guy in the flat with 2 defenders right in front of him? 5 yd loss.

There's now a reason for that unremarkable last few games: A report just came out the he played with a torn quad in his right leg the last month of the season.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/201...ncos-played-torn-right-quad-last-month-season

And check this chart out about every NFL QB in the playoffs, and look at winn %, including Trent Dilfer, who I really liked here in TB:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NFL_starting_quarterback_playoff_records

Heck, anybody try and play through that kind of injury without losing a step or two at any age in any sport. The Broncos still knew their best shot was with Manning.

Not to say anything bad about the NFL's top rated D in the Broncos laying a big egg against Indy, which has only two top notch offensive players in Luck and Hilton, no running game, etc.........

Yeah, Manning just sucks in the playoffs with ordinary teams against the best the league has to offer......

Seeing that Manning is tied with Favre for 2nd all time with 24 playoff games started, behind only Tom Teriffic.....

Just sucks to be him, I guess.

I am not a Manning apologist in anyone's wildest thoughts. I'm a realist, a fan of the game the last 50 years as an observer. I never liked Favre, either, but I admire what he and Manning have done with their respective teams through their careers.

Yeah I know.

Beta

Smile!
Another famous quarterback's stats... and he is in the Hall right now:

Record: 8-10-0
Pass Attempts:687
Pass Completions: 385
Completion Percentage:56.04
Yards: 4510
TDs:32
Ints: 24
QBR:77.1

This guy was great during the regular season too........ did I mention he is in the Hall of Fame and considered to be one of the best?

BTW... this QB NEVER won a SuperBowl :whistle:

I'm guessing Marino. Don't forget QB rating is different compared to today. Marino's career QBR would be considered lower-tier QB these days (same with Favre). But they're two of the winningest QBs of all time. :shrug:

Marino and Manning were both unfortunate in that they never had good teams around them. You can only carry a team so far before you need a running game and/or a defense to help you get to the finish line. It's unfortunate that great QBs are defined by things they can't always control, but I guess it's the nature of the game. Manning got that one SB win, but he beat REX GROSSMAN to do it. :lol:

b23hqb

PREMO Member
I'm guessing Marino. Don't forget QB rating is different compared to today. Marino's career QBR would be considered lower-tier QB these days (same with Favre). But they're two of the winningest QBs of all time. :shrug:

Marino and Manning were both unfortunate in that they never had good teams around them. You can only carry a team so far before you need a running game and/or a defense to help you get to the finish line. It's unfortunate that great QBs are defined by things they can't always control, but I guess it's the nature of the game. Manning got that one SB win, but he beat REX GROSSMAN to do it. :lol:

And don't forget Lovie Smith! The first black coach to lose a Super Bowl! But that was inevitable, seeing that Tony Dungy was the other coach.

But now the Bucs, and I, have Lovie Smith and his current Grossman - Josh McGown! What good fortune lies ahead for my team??????

I love this "quote" from the Onion(be sure to consider the source):

"I'm sorry, but Lovie Smith let us all down," said Tony Dungy, the first African-American head coach to win a Super Bowl. "I'm sorry, I love the guy—you know Lovie used to work for me—but he was totally outcoached out there. He looked lost—the other team had him spinning his wheels, looking helpless, unable to cover his weaknesses. It infuriates me that America had to see a black man so totally outmaneuvered in the biggest game of the season."

"Face it, Lovie got beat bad," Dungy added. "America really needed an African-American coach to win that game. And thanks to Lovie Smith, we got to see an African-American lose.":lmao:

Aaarrrggghhhhhhhh!!!!! Whine like a pirate!