Peyton, the consument TEAM player

Cletus_Vandam

Peyton, the consummate TEAM player

Peytons' post game comments went something like, I want to be a good teammate, so all I will say is that "we" had some problems with "our" protection.

Funny how he forgot all the passes the "we" over-threw in the first half... He couldn't find his butt with both hands until the third quarter, that wasn't the line's fault.

Manning completed his typical choke in the playoffs and now has the balls to blame his line. Yeah, he's the real deal.

I wonder how many commercials he'll be in next year? I hear Preparation H needs a spokesman.

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!!!!!!

Last edited:

BuddyLee

Football addict
Cletus_Vandam said:
Peytons' post game comments went something like, I want to be a good teammate, so all I will say is that "we" had some problems with "our" protection.

Funny how he forgot all the passes the "we" over-threw in the first half... He couldn't find his butt with both hands until the third quarter, that wasn't the line's fault.

Manning completed his typical choke in the playoffs and now has the balls to blame his line. Yeah, he's the real deal.

I wonder how many commercials he'll be in next year? I hear Preparation H needs a spokesman.

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!!!!!!
He's had good protection all year, he didn't get that today and it showed. I thought he'd be more mobile, he was pressured hard today and didn't know what to do.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Let's give the Steelers a little credit...

...in their scheme and execution.

San Diego set the mold; Pressure the hell out of Manning.

One of the reasons, besides talent, that Indy is so good is timing. With two players of roughly eqyual speed and quickness, the guy who knwos where he is going always has an advantage, even if only for a split second.

When you hear the announcers talk about offensive rythm, that's what they mean, the timing between the qb taking the snap, taking however many steps on on which foot for a given throw and the reciever getting off the line and making a move based on what the defender is doing, including which foot HE is on at a given step and, viola, timing; the pass is thrown BEFORE the move is made so that the ball is there when the move is made.

So, if Manning is being forced off time, off step then the ball is likely gonna be late or there will be a misread and the ball will go to the wrong direction.

Pittsburgh played outstanding d yesterday and the Colts got back in it only when the Steelers took off the pressure. Then they shut them down again at the end by adding back pressure.

Denvers only prayer is that, while Peyton and company are a well oiled machine that had moneky wrenches slammed into it, Plummer has the ability to ad lib, to make a play on the fly.

He's gonna need it.

B

Bruzilla

I think that the problem is with the play callers. The top-tier teams get the top-tier commentators just about every week, so there's a tendency for these guys to over associate with their teams. The worst case was with Madden and the Cowboys when he was at Fox. Madden was always talking about having been at one Cowboys' or another's house for dinner, while praising the Hell out of every play no matter how pedestrian. Now we have Jim Nance and Phil Simms camped with the Patriots and Enberg and Dierdork with the Colts, and these guys just superhype these teams to death!

The Patriots haven't been really good for two years now. They barely made it through last year, and this year they only made it to the playoffs by the grace of the weakest division in the AFC if not the NFL. Anyone who watches a lot of Patriots games knows that Tom Brady is a smart quarterback unless he gets behind... then he gets really, really, stupid. It should come as no surprise that Denver whooped them. San Diego showed that the Colts had a weak spot, that being that if you put some pressure on Manning he gets frustrated and can't find his mark, and that's the weakness the Steelers exploited.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Let's not get carried away...

It should come as no surprise that Denver whooped them

Denver stood around and watched New England implode. They 'whooped' no one or no thing. Save for each consecutive turnover, I was watching a game that the better team, the Pats, were just a matter of time from getting in front and shutting the door.

Having said that, New England has not been dominant one step of the way in all three Super Bowl wins and could have lost all three but they have been the BETTER team when they needed to be.

I'll take Tom Brady right now over ANYONE in the league.

willie

BuddyLee said:
He's had good protection all year, he didn't get that today and it showed. I thought he'd be more mobile, he was pressured hard today and didn't know what to do.
His comments were out of line.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
I can make a case...

Cletus_Vandam said:
So who's going to win next week? Steelers or Bronc's

...for the Steelers but I still think Denver is more lucky than good.

Denvers running game can be all but shut down, relying on breaking a big run here or there whereas the Steelers impose the run.

Big Ben is impressing me as full fledged NFL qb, not just a young guy trying not to make mistakes and he's got a bunch of playoff experience for being so young.

Plummer is the wild card. Maybe he pulls some magic?

I think the Steelers dominate.

24 Karat

Lovin Life!!
One game at a time....

Shut down Denver Run game, Plummer will have to make decisions with the Steeler defense rushing from lord knows where. If Peyton couldnt handle the blitz I cant even fathom how Denver will handle it. This late in the stage of the playoffs ya cant rely on underdogs or pnts for or against. Turnovers are going to be key in this game. Steelers offense our putting together a potent attack and with this being said IM saying Steelers 21-10. 3 Int's for Plummer. But like they say on any given day and the Bronco's are favored by 3 1/2. Let the games begin.

MJ

Material Girl
PREMO Member
Go Steelers!!!

Attachments

• sttattoo.jpg
    sttattoo.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 85