PG County Nanny State Gov.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
A lousy bill passed this week in Prince George's County, Maryland, will force all restaurants in the county that serve kids' meals to offer subjectively healthy foods and beverages as a default option.

The bill passed by a unanimous council vote and is expected to become law once the county executive signs the measure. It's intended to target a host of popular food offerings—from McDonald's Happy Meals to IHOP's kids' menu to, say, a local food truck that offers a meal option for kids.

"The bill will start by requiring, over the next two years, that all food retail businesses offer water, milk, or 100 percent juice to accompany every children's meal as a default beverage option rather than soda, which can still be requested by parents or guardians," Civil Eats reported this week. "Over the next five years, the bill will add requirements for every restaurant to offer at least one healthy side dish and then one healthy main course."

If parents want to purchase ' Healthy ' Meals for their children they will as for such meals and businesses will prosper ... requiring meal options nobody wants will end up in lower profits for businesses as food is thrown out because no one buys it.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Why on earth would we be outraged at children being offered healthy meals instead of junk? I never understand that. Michelle Obama caught hell for encouraging kids to eat more fruits and veggies, and get more exercise. How in the world can anyone take issue with that??

I do not understand how that could possibly be controversial.

BOP

Why on earth would we be outraged at children being offered healthy meals instead of junk? I never understand that. Michelle Obama caught hell for encouraging kids to eat more fruits and veggies, and get more exercise. How in the world can anyone take issue with that??

I do not understand how that could possibly be controversial.
Agreed, but only if it's not a gov't mandate. I think we all know how these "suggestions" pan out. Especiallyif they create new bureaucracy to make sure it's implemented.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Why on earth would we be outraged at children being offered healthy meals instead of junk?

Not by Gov Mandate .....

If parents WANTED the ' Healthy ' food for their children Parents would as for it, it would make good business sense, business provide what sells mandates like this end in a loss of money as the unwanted food is thrown out

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Agreed, but only if it's not a gov't mandate. I think we all know how these "suggestions" pan out. Especiallyif they create new bureaucracy to make sure it's implemented.

See, out of all the chit our nanny government makes us do eating healthy is the only one that has a real benefit. When I'm Imperial Queen of the Universe you all will be doing PT everyday, too.

• Haha
Reactions: BOP