Phase I, reopening ?

slowlane

Charles County commissioners will meet and announce at 4:15 today (Thursday) their decision on whether to go along with, or postpone, the Governor's Phase-1 reopening of businesses and gatherings. The meeting will be shown on Cable channel #10 or #95, and on the commissioners website.

Last edited:

Lump

Is it true or false, that the Charles County commissioners voted today (Thursday), to opt out the county from the Governor's "phase I" re-opening? One person claims this, on the facebook "Charles County community forum" - but I see no confirmation of this on any other media site.
They have a meeting around 4pm this afternoon. I don't think an official decision has been announced yet.

slowlane

Charles County commissioners will meet and announce at 4:15 today (Thursday) their decision on whether to go along with, or postpone, the Governor's Phase-1 reopening of businesses and gatherings. The meeting will be shown on Cable channel #10 or #95, and on the commissioners website.
By a vote of 3 - 2, Charles County commissioners voted this afternoon NOT to re-open. …. For one thing, they're afraid that restaurants, businesses, and churches in Waldorf would be deluged by Prince Georgians whose businesses are still closed.

They voted 3 - 2 to re-open on May 29.

stgislander

PREMO Member
T-Bone was ranting at Charles County this morning about why do they have to follow everything PG does.

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
T-Bone was ranting at Charles County this morning about why do they have to follow everything PG does.
If T Bone tried he could have read what the reasoning was. PG is closed so the keep Chuck closed to keep PG out. That is exactly what the BoCC from ChuckCo said. My GM here at the salt mine said that the hotspots in PG are Accoceek, Brandywine and Clinton sooo...

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

luvmygdaughters

I live in St. Marys, but work in Charles County. So...what do I do? Continue to work from home or go into the office. The boss made an announcement that since Hogan has lifted the Stay at Home order, he expects everyone to return to their normal work schedule. This really should've been a statewide compliance, not county!

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
Does anyone know what this means in the scheme of things? I read yesterday that hair salons could reopen, some stores, and dare I hope nail places? No one is answering their phones though.
Well they can't officially open until 5 pm.

@luvmygdaughters Hogan also said that tele work should stay in use when/where possible. I work in ChuckCo too but I'm essential AF so here I am. It can't be statewide restrictions. The infection rate is ridiculously low in western MD so why should they have to abide by the same edicts as PG?

FED_UP

Does anyone know what this means in the scheme of things? I read yesterday that hair salons could reopen, some stores, and dare I hope nail places? No one is answering their phones though.
I'm pretty sure reopen of certain places it was said to start at 5pm today. Your calling to early, there waiting till the last second.

BernieP

Resident PIA
Hence why I was surprised LD Larry did this.
Lockstep but they are adjacent.

I was listening to WMAL (right wing propaganda station) on my way in - short commute with so many hiding in their bunker.
The topic was the concentration of the known cases and deaths.
The statistics are interesting, less than 50 counties in the US account for more than 50 percent of the deaths and cases.

I was going to look for the story to quote the numbers correctly but only got as far as this from JHU

COVID-19 United States Cases by County

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Well they can't officially open until 5 pm.

@luvmygdaughters Hogan also said that tele work should stay in use when/where possible. I work in ChuckCo too but I'm essential AF so here I am. It can't be statewide restrictions. The infection rate is ridiculously low in western MD so why should they have to abide by the same edicts as PG?
I've had enough experience with Western MD boys to know they don't care what Lockdown Larry says.

mitzi

I wonder when the pool is going to open up - it's hot as hell out there today.

I wonder if they'll even open. Normally they open Memorial Day weekend. How are people going to stay 6 feet apart in a pool? Then you have people slobbering and spitting water out in the water. There always seems to be turd in it from a little one. I don't see it happening :(

PeoplesElbow

I wonder if they'll even open. Normally they open Memorial Day weekend. How are people going to stay 6 feet apart in a pool? Then you have people slobbering and spitting water out in the water. There always seems to be turd in it from a little one. I don't see it happening :(
You sure that turd is from a little one?